B1600dt coolant overflow tube

Jrivas13

Nov 26, 2011
Ct
Hey everyone I picked this tractor up a couple weeks and though all was going good until one day it started steaming. Shut it down pop the hood and radiator was empty, so grabbed some coolant from the garage and start filling only to find out lower hose had a tear and leaked right back out. Now did I already do damage?
I replaced the rad hoses and the previous owner said he had the radiator flushed not to long ago. I filled it back up no leaks but the overflow tubing to the reservoir is clear and while running i could see coolant bubbles coming through the tube pretty frequently. So I replaced the cap with a standard 13 psi automotive cap, it looked the same to me. Ran it for about 2 hours moving dirt pile and found it leaking through overflow again onto driveway. What seems to be my problem?
Thanks,
Joe

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
Hard to say. My tractor will drip a bit from the overflow after working hard for a while. Fluids expand when heated, air much more so. Maybe you still had some air? Seems pretty normal to me to burp a bit. Caps are spring loaded to limit the pressure for a reason. Most vehicles have catch reservoirs these days. Maybe rig up a temporary catch can out of an empty water bottle to see just exactly how quickly you are losing it.