B1500 info, manuals, uk

Zipfish

May 14, 2016
United kingdom
Hi, new to the forum, just after some help this is my first tractor and just about to buy a b1500 in the uk, so started to look on the web but can't find any info, then came across the grey market tractor post ?. Is this a grey and is this why I can't find any info, looking for operators / workshop / parts manuals for this tractor but can't find any ?. Could any one help, is this a good first tractor or do I stay well a way ? Can you get parts easy in the uk for this b1500, any help would be greatful ,cheers zip:)

malced

Equipment
Kubota B1200DT. Renault N72.
Oct 28, 2015
France
There is no reason why you shouldn't consider buying this tractor. Although it was made for the Japanese market the biggest difference between it and the european models is the colour of the paintwork.
Spares are available from places like Tracpartz (www.tracpartz.com) and some information on it can be found here: www.tractordata.com ***8250; Tractors ***8250; Kubota
Manuals for grey market tractors can be hard to come by but if you find the european equivilant with the same size engine such as the B7200 you can get a lot of information that way.

All I would say is approach it as you would buying any vehicle, ie; judge it on its condition. If the engine runs smoothly without smoking, there are no suspicious noises from the transmission or signs of oil leaks etc then there is a good chance that it will serve you well.

One thing I would check with any kubota no matter what its origin is the oil in the front axle (on 4wd models).
I found that the dealer I bought mine from had pumped grease in rather than oil. My tractor is under warranty and I suspect that to avoid the possibility of having to replace the axle oil seals if they leaked in the warranty period the dealer reasoned it would be less likely to show if he put grease in.
I have cleared out the grease and filled the axle with the correct oil. Luckily for the dealer there are no oil leaks as a result!

Zipfish

May 14, 2016
United kingdom
Hi, thank for the reply, all looks OK body work is solid slight rust spots but plan to repainted the hole tractor, little smoke on start up, but clears after a min, plan to do full service and get injectors overhauled, 860 hours on the clock also comes with tiller rs1200. Looking to pay £1500. I think it's ok

malced

Equipment
Kubota B1200DT. Renault N72.
Oct 28, 2015
France
Sounds like a good deal for the money. Is it 2 or 4wd?
The reason I ask is that if your soil is heavy a 2wd may struggle to pull a tiller or plough. Not because it hasn't got the power but because the rear wheels may not get enough grip on their own. I have this situation with my garden and without the 4wd engaged I have had some problems keeping it from just digging itself in.
As regards the smoke from the engine it sounds like yours is just the same as mine was when I got it. Being reluctant to remove the injectors I tried adding some injector cleaner to the fuel. I am not really a fan of these additives generally but this really worked. After adding it to the tank I started ploughing my veg garden. After about 20 mins the tractor was belching out thick clouds of white smoke. This lasted for about 2 mins and the exhaust has been smoke free ever since. Much cheaper than injector overhaul!