B 9200 electrical problems.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
Well new here and also new to the ownership of my b 9200, can not get any of the electrical system other than the starter/glow plugs, checked the bulbs, fuses, grounds, not sure why everything is dead, anyway anyone else have such problems and may have a idea where to go next, thanks
LeRoy

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I would start with the fusible link. It could be bad and not physically show it. Then see if power is getting to the fuse box.

See that you checked grounds, but may have to jumper grounds to rule them out.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
I would start with the fusible link. It could be bad and not physically show it. Then see if power is getting to the fuse box.

See that you checked grounds, but may have to jumper grounds to rule them out.
I pulled the fusible link and check it and seems to be fine, in fact jumper across the receptacle with jumper wire and still nothing, like I said the starting system is fine, just everything else, and I also did the same on the grounds, never ever had this much trouble, can't believe that both light and hazard switched plus the oil and charge lights are all bad.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
did the same on the grounds, never ever had this much trouble, can't believe that both light and hazard switched plus the oil and charge lights are all bad.

One approach would be to isolate components by disconnecting connectors. 12vdc power source, both plus and minus, 10 amp breaker on plus side. Disconnect tractor battery. Start with the connector to lights, put power to pins plus and minus, make sure they work, check off list that they do, move on to light switch. When the list shows what works and what does not work, the problem will be narrowed down.

Yeah, everything all bad, very unlikely.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
Well will give that a try, so hard to try and get to most of the connections but guess that is the next step, if I could get one circuit working I would be thrilled, lol.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Well will give that a try, so hard to try and get to most of the connections but guess that is the next step, if I could get one circuit working I would be thrilled, lol.
The simplest to use test equipment for your sort of problem is a 12 volt test light.

Available on line or at any auto parts store. $10-15.

Test light.jpg

Connect the alligator clip to the battery ground. Use the sharp end to check for voltage when its internal light will glow.

Start at the fusible link and then to the key switch.

However, if you are able to crank the engine using the key switch you definitely have some circuits working.

Are you troubleshooting from a wiring diagram. Here is one from the Operator's manual.

I would be looking closely at the various connectors in the wiring harness for corrosion, signs of over heating or wires burnt off.

A cheap multi meter to check charging voltage when the engine is running would also tell much more than a light not coming on.

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It sounds like you may not be getting power to the fuse block (if it has one) since most circuits should power through that. Did you check to see if you get 12v to there?

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
The simplest to use test equipment for your sort of problem is a 12 volt test light.

Available on line or at any auto parts store. $10-15.

View attachment 45841

Connect the alligator clip to the battery ground. Use the sharp end to check for voltage when its internal light will glow.

Start at the fusible link and then to the key switch.

However, if you are able to crank the engine using the key switch you definitely have some circuits working.

Are you troubleshooting from a wiring diagram. Here is one from the Operator's manual.

I would be looking closely at the various connectors in the wiring harness for corrosion, signs of over heating or wires burnt off.

A cheap multi meter to check charging voltage when the engine is running would also tell much more than a light not coming on.

Dave
Have done just about all that you have suggested and do have all the books on the b9200, the one thing that does have me wondering is at the two fuse holders, the diagram shows the 10 amp it is red/black wire and the 15 amp being a red/white wire, mine are just the opposite, but see where it looks to be factory and fuse holders are color coded, so not sure if the diagram is wrong or what is going on, anyway will try more checking tomorrow, so glad for the help and I do have all the test equipment.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
It sounds like you may not be getting power to the fuse block (if it has one) since most circuits should power through that. Did you check to see if you get 12v to there?
This model doesn't have a fuse block, just two inline fuse holder and have good voltage at one but nothing at the other.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Then I think you need to find out why no power is at that fuse holder OR if that fuse does not feeding anything that is not working.

You should copy the wiring diagram and highlight the large RED and RED/WHITE wires. I can’t follow it that well but I think the red will feed battery power to the key switch and the red/white is hot when the key is turned to run position.

What happens you turn key to run? Does the charge light or oil pressure light come on? I think if you feed power through a fuse holder for safety to the key switch red/white post on the key switch those should come on.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
Then I think you need to find out why no power is at that fuse holder OR if that fuse does not feeding anything that is not working.

You should copy the wiring diagram and highlight the large RED and RED/WHITE wires. I can’t follow it that well but I think the red will feed battery power to the key switch and the red/white is hot when the key is turned to run position.

What happens you turn key to run? Does the charge light or oil pressure light come on? I think if you feed power through a fuse holder for safety to the key switch red/white post on the key switch those should come on.
Neither of the indicator lights on the dash come on, the 15 amp fuse holder has power to it all the time but the 10 amp so far have not been able to get any power to it, not sure how to copy the wiring diagram and get it to you, plus my diagram is small also, think I will do like was suggested and unhook the battery and then power everything from another source and make sure all the current is going where it should go.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Neither of the indicator lights on the dash come on, the 15 amp fuse holder has power to it all the time but the 10 amp so far have not been able to get any power to it, not sure how to copy the wiring diagram and get it to you, plus my diagram is small also, think I will do like was suggested and unhook the battery and then power everything from another source and make sure all the current is going where it should go.

Reading the diagram, for the head light circuit, both headlights fed from the light switch on orange and brown conductors (forget which is high and which is low); power to the light switch goes thru the 15A fuse (red conductor) (larger wire than 10 fuse) coming from the main switch accessory terminal. Main switch fed by big red thru fusible link.

To get front lights, main switch in accessory position (on), and light switch on in either regular or high beam.

The 10A fuse (white wire) feeds the hazard lights. Lights fed from hazard unit flasher, controlled by hazard switch. Fuse is fed by a white wire from the main switch, 30 position which is hot from the fusible link.

Thanks to Dave, printed the pdf wiring diagram, and marked circuit paths with multicolor highliters.

So if you don't get headlights with the switches in the proper positions, then I wonder if the main switch is doing it's job, and if the missing fuse is really on the lights circuit.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington

Reading the diagram, for the head light circuit, both headlights fed from the light switch on orange and brown conductors (forget which is high and which is low); power to the light switch goes thru the 15A fuse (red conductor) (larger wire than 10 fuse) coming from the main switch accessory terminal. Main switch fed by big red thru fusible link.

To get front lights, main switch in accessory position (on), and light switch on in either regular or high beam.

The 10A fuse (white wire) feeds the hazard lights. Lights fed from hazard unit flasher, controlled by hazard switch. Fuse is fed by a white wire from the main switch, 30 position which is hot from the fusible link.

Thanks to Dave, printed the pdf wiring diagram, and marked circuit paths with multicolor highliters.

So if you don't get headlights with the switches in the proper positions, then I wonder if the main switch is doing it's job, and if the missing fuse is really on the lights circuit.
Hey thanks for the info, the switch is my7 next thought that may be bad, wiring was kind of a mess so been trying to get it all cleaned up and also they had by passed the safety switch so will replace that when I get everything else working, I have feed power to all the hazard lights and tail lights and have them all working so know that wwiring harness is good, so think it is now just a matter of following everything out, thanks to you and all that has responded, other than the wiring issue think it is going to be a great tractor. LeRoy

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
Hey thanks for the info, the switch is my7 next thought that may be bad, wiring was kind of a mess so been trying to get it all cleaned up and also they had by passed the safety switch so will replace that when I get everything else working, I have feed power to all the hazard lights and tail lights and have them all working so know that wwiring harness is good, so think it is now just a matter of following everything out, thanks to you and all that has responded, other than the wiring issue think it is going to be a great tractor. LeRoy
It looks like it is the ignition switch, now no starter to and have power to the switch, anyway a new one is on the way and hope that solves the problem, thanks to and all the others for their help.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I believe there is an in line fuse behind the dash panel. I have a B6200 and getting that off is a PITA as you may have to pull the steering wheel to get the panel off. I have the same issue - glow/start, but no lights/fuel gauge. I'm going to take mine back apart and am going to install a fuse block on the fire wall.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
Well new here and also new to the ownership of my b 9200, can not get any of the electrical system other than the starter/glow plugs, checked the bulbs, fuses, grounds, not sure why everything is dead, anyway anyone else have such problems and may have a idea where to go next, thanks
LeRoy
i just went thru this stuff with my L3300 turns out corrosion on cables and posts cleaned posts and new positive clamp applied silicone dielectric grease put on works as new Mandatory to have no corrosion

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
i just went thru this stuff with my L3300 turns out corrosion on cables and posts cleaned posts and new positive clamp applied silicone dielectric grease put on works as new Mandatory to have no corrosion
Done all that so far but think mine is in the ignition switch so new one on it's way and hope that solves the problem but thanks for the advice.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
I believe there is an in line fuse behind the dash panel. I have a B6200 and getting that off is a PITA as you may have to pull the steering wheel to get the panel off. I have the same issue - glow/start, but no lights/fuel gauge. I'm going to take mine back apart and am going to install a fuse block on the fire wall.
My model doesn't show a fuse like that and haven't found one other than the two inline fuses and they are both good, but thanks for the info.

wwtps1

Equipment
Kubota B9200
Jul 12, 2020
Newport, Washington
That is my plan to, going to put a fuse panel on the fire wall plate and get rid of the inline fuses plus do some better wiring so at least you can work on it.