b 7100 hst issue

tebeef

Equipment
b 7100
Mar 22, 2015
Keswick Ontario Canada
Hi guys I recently bought a 80ish b7100 hst 4x4. I was told it was having trans issues in cold temps. I found it to work fine until it warmed up then it lost motion and made a screaching sound when pedal pushed in either direction, but if lightly pushed it would crawl. I did a full fluid change cleaned both screens and replaced filter. Now it goes awesome up to 3/4 pedal then it has a ratchet feel in pedal and looses speed, Am I too late(lots of metal in oil and screens completely plugged and sucked the filter center in) It almost seemed to improve as i drove around yard. Any thoughts

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
My thought, coupled with a sinking feeling in my gut: 'Uh oh!'

Soon one of the gurus (many here, several with the same configuration) will chime in with advice and steps to take to figure what's going on.

tebeef

Equipment
b 7100
Mar 22, 2015
Keswick Ontario Canada
Just an update. This morning it moves but wants full throtle to give any speed on flat ground. On incline barely moves / will crawl if light pressure on pedal. So not such a good deal after all. Any thoughts

mwjoerin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1981 L245DT, FEL, 4' Rotary Mower, 41" Tiller, PTO Sprayer, Hiller, Cultivator
May 18, 2014
SW Washington State
I would replace the screens and filters again in hopes that material left over from the first fluid change has plugged them up again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tebeef

Equipment
b 7100
Mar 22, 2015
Keswick Ontario Canada
I did a second change already. The screens had some particles but not much.The oil from first change had a lot of gold colored fine dust that could be seen when pouring it from catch pan (like metalic flake in paint) the bottom of catch pan looked like I was panning for gold and hit it big. Is it possible to have a relief valve sticking,everytime I try it it seems to perform differently.

gatsby174

Feb 16, 2015
New York
The changes in behavior could be related to how warm/cold (thick or thin) the hydro fluid is at the time. Sounds like something let loose...The question is what? Sorry I can't help with that.