B 6200 injectors and getting fuel them

PA-SF

Aug 17, 2021
United States
I had all 3 rebuilt new nozzles and pressure tested. I have opened the relief valve above fuel pump also put a new fuel filter and cleaned up rusty tank. I have noticed the kill knob will not allow me to be pull out so I can turn engine over so the fuel pump will get fuel to the injectors. All the throttle and ignition parts worked before I took apart the injector lines and cleaned up the system. The engine is not tuning over as well, could be solenoid? I have the a shop book trying to figure things out. Does anybody have some really good advice?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If I read your post correctly (and I may not) your root problem is the engine not turning over. Of course if the engine won't turn over it won't start. You mention a kill knob preventing the engine from turning over. Perhaps you should get that working properly before attempting to troubleshoot the problem. Then again, that could BE the problem. Of course all the safety interlocks must be satisfied as well.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I had all 3 rebuilt new nozzles and pressure tested. I have opened the relief valve above fuel pump also put a new fuel filter and cleaned up rusty tank. I have noticed the kill knob will not allow me to be pull out so I can turn engine over so the fuel pump will get fuel to the injectors. All the throttle and ignition parts worked before I took apart the injector lines and cleaned up the system. The engine is not tuning over as well, could be solenoid? I have the a shop book trying to figure things out. Does anybody have some really good advice?
The clutch has to be depressed to crank the engine.

Are you confusing the kill knob used to shut off fuel with the decompress knob used to aid in cold cranking? The engine will crank regardless of the position of those knobs but you won't get fuel to the injectors and the engine won't start with the kill knob pulled out.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

PA-SF

Aug 17, 2021
United States
Thanks oldhokie I am going to take the radiator today and get it cleaned and tested for leaks . I will be painting the front end of the B6200 since I went a step further with my tractor. I will report back when I start to engine. Being retired just means you do work you enjoy and getting the Kubota running is more fun than driving a semi truck!

PA-SF

Aug 17, 2021
United States
If I read your post correctly (and I may not) your root problem is the engine not turning over. Of course if the engine won't turn over it won't start. You mention a kill knob preventing the engine from turning over. Perhaps you should get that working properly before attempting to troubleshoot the problem. Then again, that could BE the problem. Of course all the safety interlocks must be satisfied as well.

PA-SF

Aug 17, 2021
United States
So I am waiting for new solenoid as the shop I took it to said it is defective. Now I am looking on the side compartment where the governor is and I can see the control rack is locked up . I need to get it free so I will be able to purge the fuel and then shut it down after a test run.