Axle capacity numbers

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I have been pondering this for a while, but I just have to be missing something in these numbers, so I thought I would ask you all this.

When I look at the specs for the BX2380 or BX23S, these numbers are listed as the axle capacity: Front, lb. (kg) 1630 (740) Rear, Ib. (kg) 2120 (960)

For the B2601, here are the specs: Front, lb. (kg) 1323 (600) Rear, Ib. (kg) 1764 (800)

Are the numbers saying you can actually carry heavier loads on the BX than you can on the B? (not saying the FEL can lift more) Maybe these are telling me something else, but I don't know what that is?

AKguy09

Equipment
LX3310/ Cab 1950 F- Cub
Nov 22, 2017
ellicott, colorado
Where are you finding those specs, I just looked at the Brochure specs, and axle capacity isn't a listed spec

cash

Oct 1, 2018
Pittsburgh
Those sound correct for the BX23S. I have been comparing it and the JD 1025r. Not sure if it really matters if it can't lift it. Both machines have issues lifting heavy objects it seems, the axle capacities are less on JD. I have seen a lot of video of it lifting very heavy things like concrete, etc and unable to lift it high enough to dump in some cases and haven't seen anything on failures. The loader lift capacity on the Kubota is less than the JD, so not sure it is something to worry about and is more of a marketing thing.

Last edited:

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
Where are you finding those specs, I just looked at the Brochure specs, and axle capacity isn't a listed spec
If you go to the Kubota website, look at either the BX or B tractors, and then click on the "Comparison" tab, when the PDF opens, about 1/2 way down it will show the axle capacity for the Kubota and the other tractors.