Caught the pillow thief in action :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Our dog just dropped a pheasant on the front porch. Hopefully it won't go after our chickens!!
Hopefully not. We had a Lab /Springer mix that used to run down partridge in swail grass, then snatch them out of the air as they took off. Was pretty amazing to see. He couldn't be allowed near any domestic birds. Found that out when my girlfriend at the time brought her parrot over so I could bird sit while she went out of town. She had to find someone else to bird sit for her :p:rolleyes:

My Shepherd will snatch little tweety birds that manage to get into our sunroom. Neighbor had a rooster that he neglected to clip it's wings. I came home to a pile of feathers in the sunroom and a neighbor cussing about how dumb his rooster was :rolleyes: According to my neighbor the rooster went over the fence after my shepherd :p

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
My last dog, Grumpy, was a terror on tweety birds.

She was raised from a pup around chickens and would go down to the coop with me every day and nose around in the bedding while I collected eggs. Never even sniffed at a chicken.

Certain times of the year, I'd have an awful problem with starlings getting in the coop, bathing in their water, eating their pellets and crapping all over everything. I'd go down, open the door, let Grump in and close the door.

There'd be several minutes of thrashing, crashing, banging and squawking. When things quieted down, I'd open the door and Grump would come out with a mouthful of dead starlings. I counted 5 once. Then she'd proceed to pluck them and eat everything but the beak and the toenails.

Fairly often, I'd find a pile of bluejay feathers out in the back yard. Never did witness her catching one, no idea how she managed it.

Rats, mice, ground squirrels and chipmunks didn't stand a chance around her. I knew when I had one in the wood pile because she'd stand there like a statue, ears up and tail out, and wait as long as it took for the critter to poke it's head out.

Oddly, she's the only dog I've ever had that wouldn't go near a skunk or a porcupine. Smart dog...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mom had a big gray Belgium shepherd, that loved nothing more than to kill groundhogs. Got to a point dad had the shovel by the basement door so he could bury them in the garden,,, We had the best looking beans and maters around after a while,,lo

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Our Dachshund ran a tight ship in the yard. Kept us clear of possums, squirrels, armadillos, and would run off the birds. He would spend hours chasing down a mole trail, and digging up a frog.

Turtles and crawdads were his nemesis. He would stay out there for hours barking at them. The crawdads would tweak his nose and make him madder :p Turtles were too big and awkward for him to do anything with. He would end up chewing on the shell a little and shove them around.

Skunks were my nemesis :eek: Skunk was the only animal he wouldn't try to kill. For some reason the idiot felt the need to sniff a skunks butt. :eek: Which always ended badly. He would try to creep up on the skunk. Skunk would take aim. Once he was in optimal range, the skunk would shoot him in the eyes :p Dog would fish flop on the ground trying to wipe it's face off, then bail into the kiddy pool and almost drown himself :rolleyes: 10 minutes later the bonehead would try to creep up on the skunk again :rolleyes:

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

You have to be really careful around Akitas, they're vicious, aggressive animals. I darn near drowned in dog spit...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

You have to be really careful around Akitas, they're vicious, aggressive animals. I darn near drowned in dog spit...
Lol, do you think they could donate a little hair for a transplant for us. I'll take the white to go with what little I have.:D

PHPaul

Equipment
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Lol, do you think they could donate a little hair for a transplant for us. I'll take the white to go with what little I have.:D
If you'll take chinwhiskers and ear hair, I got ya covered...:rolleyes:

Edit...Oh, you meant the dogs...wait a week or two until they start blowing their winter undercoat. There'll be enough to make toupees for everybody on OTT and knit a couple of new dogs while we're at it...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
If you'll take chinwhiskers and ear hair, I got ya covered...:rolleyes:

Edit...Oh, you meant the dogs...wait a week or two until they start blowing their winter undercoat. There'll be enough to make toupees for everybody on OTT and knit a couple of new dogs while we're at it...
I've been working on getting my German Shedder used to the shop vac :D She will actually sit there and let me get her with the nozzle, but will lose patience pretty quick. I'm trying to train her to be like one of my dad's dogs. When you fired up the vacuum, he would come running into the room. Flop on his back, and wouldn't move till you vacuumed him :D

Shop vac would sure beat brushing them daily for a few weeks :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
HA!!!

Ollie doesn't go for that, and we had snow today...he was hanging by the pellet stove!!:eek:
A couple years ago, I didn't think about it, and went to water the flower beds while gypsy was out. :rolleyes: An 80lb shepherd full tilt through my wife's flower bed after the water spray didn't end well :eek: Took a week or so before I got out of the dog house.:eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
ust remember only a biker understand why a dog hangs his head out the window :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I think she's trying to tell momma enough with the laundry. It's time for bed!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk