Average age of OTT users?

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Keep them coming guys, Ill wait until there's 10 or more new ones before I recalculate.

Thanks!

Oh and check out the age poll thread, if you haven't already.

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
Just hit the big 5-0 3 months ago here.
Still feel 21 in mind, more like 60 in body.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Born in '62...hard to believe I couldn't afford a real tractor until I was 50....A few things about life I've realized...
If you shoot a lot when your young or throughout your life or if shooting a 10 ga Long Tom goose gun was cool when you were younger...chances are your shoulder might have issues by 50 !!
Or if you flew over the handle bars on your atv beating up your knees once or more then once growing up...you might have knee issues by 50 !!
If ice skating as a kids you spent more times looking at stars then NASA...you might have back and neck issues by age 50 !!
One thing about the next generation that's coming,,,the xbox playing, rude, disrespectful, lazy, disability collecting 18 yr olds will NEVER have to deal with any of the issues of hitting 50. They never leave the house. Or do anything physical to cause a heath ache or pain.

So if your a lot younger then 50. Lock your self away from life and live in the plastic bubble. You'll save a lot on of dough on Aleve !!

Racer X

Equipment
GR2110 ~ 1948 Ford 8N ~ 1948 Adams Motor Grader ~ Kubota L260
Apr 28, 2017
The Great Pacific Northwet
How old is Racer?

I'm old enough to know better, but too young to resist.

At 5 years of age I had my first car accident. My little sister and I were 'driving' my grandparents 1956 Chevrolet. It was parked on a driveway that sloped away form their house toward the street.

The 56 Chevy had a hand brake that pulled out horizontally toward the driver, under the steering column. This car also had a manual transmission, 3 on the tree.

I was doing the 'driving', my sister was riding along. I released the brake, and fiddled with the shifter.

Next thing I know all the grown ups are standing around, agitated, excited, concerned.

Scared.

My sister and I are in the arms of mom and dad, smothered with relief that we were not injured.

Grandad's Chevy shoved a '58 Buick over the curb, across the planting strip and sidewalk, and halfway across the neighbor's lawn.

I got to drive about 150 feet or so.

Now I had 'driven' the family car, albeit on dad's lap, many times. But after the accident I was on probation or something. We didn't have car seats in those days, heck, seatbelts hadn't been invented yet. Even race car drivers didn't wear them. So I suddenly found myself sitting in the back seat more than usual.

The next thing I drove was a Massey Ferguson tractor on a farm when I was 12. A few days later I know the probation was over, when dad let me drive his 1965 Chevy pickup around the farm we lived on for one summer. Another 3 on the tree, with the same parking brake layout.

But no curbs to shove Buicks over though.

After that I couldn't get enough. I drove anything anyone would let me, tractors, cars, pickups, trucks, motorcycles, go karts. You name it, if it had an engine and an accelerator or throttle, I wanted to make it go, or at least get a ride.

I have driven race cars at 3 times the national speed limit. A 2.5 mile road course with a 3,000 foot front straight gets real small at 170.

I have logged over 800,000 miles in a big truck, moving all manner of flatbed freight visiting all of the Lower 48 and 6 Canadian provinces.

Add to that the 40,000 miles or more a year I have been driving over the last 43 years, and I'm 'high miles' at a tick over 2.5 million miles.

Funny, I don't feel that old.

Well, after a cup of coffee and two aspirin.

And some ibuprofen.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
63 and still going.