Auxilary HST Cooler for BX Series

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
With the ease of which the plastic HST cooling fans get broken and the H3LL you have to hug to replace them, I'm wondering if a transmission cooler placed in front of the radiator would work. Is it even possible to plumb one up? Would it cool the fluid like it should? Would it allow enough fluid to flow?

That would cure the pitiful micky mouse plastic fan problem. I really would like to hear from some of you guys that have the hydraulic knowlege of the BX to see if this is even a viable option.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Theres not much you cant do if you have time and money,, but really about the only way I can see to protect the fan is with a skid plate,, there are some After market ones or you can look through here and see ones guys have built some are well super classy,, and others like mine is made from an old street sign I found,,, yeah that's it I found,,:rolleyes:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
With the ease of which the plastic HST cooling fans get broken and the H3LL you have to hug to replace them, I'm wondering if a transmission cooler placed in front of the radiator would work. Is it even possible to plumb one up? Would it cool the fluid like it should? Would it allow enough fluid to flow?

That would cure the pitiful micky mouse plastic fan problem. I really would like to hear from some of you guys that have the hydraulic knowlege of the BX to see if this is even a viable option.

I know it doesnt help you, the new (2013+) have a skid plate from the factory, I would think buying all the goods to add a cooling line would be more $$ than buying a skid plate from the net. You have a MMM? If not - I would go with the skid plate, several companies make em, some two piece some one pieces. Some have an access "hole" to get the ol hydra filter off too. Like Skeets said, even an old road sign would work !!