Autohitch for L6060 and Implements

MisterScott

Equipment
B3350, Snowblower, Bucket, Brush Hog
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the auto hitch for the L6060. I have a property that benefits from blade and blower snow removal. I purchased the Kubota auto hitch, large snowblower, blade and rotary broom. Here are some pictures - was delivered back to me on December 28, 2016.

Apparently, I am the first person to purchase one from this dealer. Seems to work well so far.

The release is a bit tricky sometimes. There are two hydraulic rams that lock the implement in place. To release the implement you need to be lowering the implement with the release button activate so it unloads the rams and the pull back. I assume it will be more consistent as in breaks in. I will provide a more detailed review as things progress.

I assume we'll get no snow this year now that this is all in hand. I added some Rigid LED's that were lying around from an old truck. The front look good, I need to work on the rear mounting. There will be some cutting of the OEM bracket to bring them in closer to the cab - they are pretty far out and they vibrate.

The rear wheels are weighted down with fluid but with the blower on, boy you can really feel the weight up front. I have a small spreader that will go on the three point or I need to put the backhoe back on.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Awesome! So that is the Auto Hitch and not the new K-Connect?
I wasn't sure if you could still buy the Auto Hitch. I think it's nicer than the new manual K-Connect.

Funny...Kubota has a new Canadian web site yet they still don't make any mention or even promote these front hitch setups?

Please keep posting as you get some use on it and let us know how you like it.

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
This is the L4554A Automatic 4 Point Hitch. Not sure if it is the new one you are referring to. Based on what I can tell, the K Connect connection points look similar but the PTO and hydraulics are all manual. With this, all the connections are made automatically and you never leave the cab.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks MisterScott. I wasn't sure that one was still available. That is one nice machine!

You are correct.....the K-Connect is similar, but manual connections. Rep at a dealer show I went to last year told me they went that way now to try and get the cost down.

Can you post a pic sometime of the in-cab controls?

What are the widths of your implements?

MisterScott

Equipment
Oct 26, 2015
Denver, CO
I would be surprised if the physical attachment is not the same and that both use the same implements, I think it is just a question of the automated connections and if you want to leave the cab. Here in the mountains at 8,000 feet, it gets cold and windy. Staying in the heated comfort of the cab, with hot coffee is a must.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
You getting to use it much MisterScott? How you liking it so far?