Auger grease Lx2963 snowblower

Mukat

Equipment
Lx3310
Sep 7, 2020
Hello, the manual states to use

“Shell Gadus S5 V100 or equivalent”

the issue is that it looks like it might have been discontinued. You can find it shipping from Europe.
So what is equivalent? Anyone have a suggestion?
Here is the data sheet from shell.

Mukat

Equipment
Lx3310
Sep 7, 2020
The Amazon link is S2 not S5

the other link is coming from Europe $20 plus a tube plus shipping….

Better options?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If this is for the grease fittings on the auger shaft, you can use any grease. The grease is just to keep the water out of the tube so the shaft doesn't rust together with the auger tube, rendering the shear pins inoperable. Red & Tacky will work fine, as well as any grease, since it isn't lubricating any rotating surfaces, unless the shear pin breaks. In that case, you wouldn't be putting very many minutes on the shaft spinning inside the auger tube.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The Amazon link is S2 not S5

the other link is coming from Europe $20 plus a tube plus shipping….

Better options?
How about this

I did not spend much time comparing the data but the 221, 222 and 222 special seem most likely to be what you’re after.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Wal-Mart
Super Tech Moly Lithium Extreme Pressure

Super Tech Moly-Lithium Extreme Pressure Grease, 14 oz Tube
https://www.walmart.com/ip/16928003

or

Traveller Extreme Duty 3% Moly Lithium Complex NLGI #2 Grease, 14 oz. Cartridge https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...lithium-complex-nlgi-2-grease-14-oz-cartridge

I only needed small amounts, so I got a mini grease gun from Lowes, and mini tubes from Tractor Supply…

Lubrimatic Grease Gun Mini Comfort

Traveller Marine & Off-Road Calcium Sulfonate NLGI #2 Grease, 3 oz. Cartridge, Pack of 3

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't think I would use moly on the auger end bearings. They spin, not oscillate.
The title says "Auger Grease", not "Auger Bearing Grease". Two entirely different items, both need to be greased. The problem is that the original poster doesn't give us much detail about where the grease will be used.

JerryMT

Equipment
Kubota M4500, NH TD95D,Ford 4610
Jun 17, 2017
The Palouse - North Idaho
Hello, the manual states to use

“Shell Gadus S5 V100 or equivalent”

the issue is that it looks like it might have been discontinued. You can find it shipping from Europe.
So what is equivalent? Anyone have a suggestion?
Here is the data sheet from shell.
Any good GL #2 grease should work I use Lucas heavy duty on my snow blower. Remember it's a snow blower not an F-35.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
On my LX2963 blower I use moly grease for the auger shafts that do not move but have to be kept lubricated in case the shear bolts break. On the end bearings I use "wheel bearing grease. I have two grease guns, one for moly and one for the wheel bearing grease. I would have no issue using moly in the end bearings as they rotate very slowly. As they say any grease is better than no grease.

Reactions: 1 user

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
The title says "Auger Grease", not "Auger Bearing Grease". Two entirely different items, both need to be greased. The problem is that the original poster doesn't give us much detail about where the grease will be used.
It was in reference to the post above mine and why I specified what part not to use it for.