Attachment for trail in the woods

ggg3988

Feb 11, 2018
olympia washington usa
I have a b2601. Love it. My question is
I have 2.5 acres of woods. I have a trail that I let the kids ride a quad through about every 3 weeks. It gets tore up pretty good. I make them rake out all the ruts so we can w
Use it as a walking trail. I am thinking about buying a rear blade to groom the trail. It’s about 60” wide. Will that work? Am I wasting my time? Is there a better choice?
Thanks gary

Papadiver

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, MMM, 3rd Valve, Grapple
Feb 10, 2019
WV
Yep I agree. Box blade. I also maintain a gravel road with mine.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
And box blade is the winner.
Setup properly it will do everything you need.

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
Box Blade works very good, I have used the Rear Blade also

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
Around here I might take the landscape rake out there. The trees are too close, too many roots to catch a blade on.
You will have to be the judge on that, is it an open area, or trees?

Actually, a disc may be the answer. It will level it out, and roll over any roots.
Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

winesalot

Jul 14, 2016
Chelan, WA
This is exactly the tool you need. At a former job I was responsible for 11 miles of trails in the woods and wetlands and this is what we used.

The problem with rakes and blades is they leave burms on the edges. The box blades require too much fine tuning from the operator. With the grading scrapers (land planes) you just adjust the top link once so it rides flat, lower it and drive. Toughest part is making sure you don't spill your beer in your non steering wheel hand.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
5C840F7F-5729-4B21-B0FC-53DF4FBB62A9.jpg
I use my land plane ( home made) on all my trails thru the forest, it is perfect for removing quad tracks and ruts. I have about 5 acres of just walking, riding trails thru extremely thick cover. Just drop it and drive. Extremely easy

Curmudgeon

Mar 7, 2014
Glengarry, On
I have the same problem but I find my box plow tears up the ground cover more than I'd like which keeps the trails muddier longer.

I have been most satisfied running the landscape rake at full angle. It cuts the high spots and dumps them into the low spots and the grass comes back much quicker.

In the larger sections that were really rutted I ran the tiller set very shallow, then the rake next time I was in.

I have about 3km of trails all between 5 and 8ft wide. Teaching the kids to vary their line on the ATVs helped a lot too.

Last edited:

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Leave it as is. Just cut the limbs growing in the way. It's the woods. It's more fun to ride on a rough trail than down the highway.:D