Artillian Grapple on a B3200

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Yesterday I received my new grapple. :D

I purchased the modular grapple from Artillian Tractor along with two rake beds.

It is a very impressive piece of workmanship. If all goes well I am going to put it to work this weekend and we'll see what this thing can do!

The added bonus was that my dealer called and told me that my Landpride 3rd function kit was here.

Since it is going to rain the rest of the week I spent most of the evening cutting grass. After my chores were done, I got the grapple installed on the frame and started on the hydraulics.

Tonight should be a little more productive.

Attachments

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Can you take a picture to show how the grapple is attached to the frame?
I will get a better picture for you tonight.

Basically the frame is an SSQA pallet fork frame. The grapple and rake sections hook over the top and bottom of the frame rails. You set the section on the frame using the notches which allows the bottom to set under the lower rail, then you lift them up and slide them over to the high point of the top rail.

I currently have the rake beds on the inside position next to the grapple section. They can be moved to the outer position leaving a gap between the grapple and the rake sections. The outer position can be used for wider loads or to allow you to process (block) trees for firewood. The gap between the sections allows you to cut through with your saw.

I sure wish I had this in Montana when I was heating with wood!

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Got quite a bit done last night.

The Landpride 3rd Function kit is installed and hydraulic lines are ran to the front. All I have left is connecting to the power beyond ports on the tractor and wiring the control buttons.

After I get a chance to play with it, I may end up cutting the SCV joystick a bit. The new control knob raises the height 2 to 3 inches over the stock position. I am not sure I like the additional height.

Attachments

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Looks great RTGT, I know I sure love the usefulness and functionality of my Artillian setup, and the workmanship/quality is second to none.
That is almost an understatement. While I am a "novice welder", the welds on this equipment make some text books look bad!

The design is truly a work of art as well. The frame and the grapple section weight right at 91 pounds each, but strength and integrity are not compromised in any way. If I remember correctly the rake beds are somewhere around 40 pounds.... This whole thing only takes about 262 pounds off of my lift capacity.

Oops, I forgot to add the weight of the "fangs". :D

I am really looking forward to putting this thing to work this weekend. :)

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
Can you take a picture to show how the grapple is attached to the frame?
I will get a better picture for you tonight.

Basically the frame is an SSQA pallet fork frame. The grapple and rake sections hook over the top and bottom of the frame rails. You set the section on the frame using the notches which allows the bottom to set under the lower rail, then you lift them up and slide them over to the high point of the top rail.

I currently have the rake beds on the inside position next to the grapple section. They can be moved to the outer position leaving a gap between the grapple and the rake sections. The outer position can be used for wider loads or to allow you to process (block) trees for firewood. The gap between the sections allows you to cut through with your saw.

I sure wish I had this in Montana when I was heating with wood!
Here is a picture of the back side of the connection to the frame.

Attachments

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I got the remainder of the hydraulic connections finished and the electrical made up last night.

Decided to fire her up for a little test.

Everything works great so tonight I am going to button it up and get things ready for the weekend test at the farm. :D

I have one modification to make tonight. The Landpride 3rd function kit is a two button/solenoid configuration. Push one button to open, push the other for close.

For this small circuit there is a lot of flow. The grapple responds VERY quickly! :eek:

I picked up a Parker Adjustable Needle Valve (N600S) today to put in the circuit so that I can adjust the flow rate. For grabbing brush or dumping a load the faster action would be good, but for trying to manipulate something maybe not so much.

It was late and raining so I only got one picture that didn't turn out so well but here it is (cause even bad pictures are good)

Attachments

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
I got the needle valve, along with a whole bunch of other stuff. Turns out what I thought was 3/8 lines going to the front of the tractor were 1/2"!

So....I replaced everything from the control valve to the front of the loader with 1/4", including making my own bulkhead bracket.

For others doing this, especially if you are in any way "particular" about your stuff, I would suggest steering clear of the Landpride 3rd Function kit. There are several other better options.

Now, back to the fun stuff. :D

Yesterday I got to Op Check it at a neighbors. They had cut down this little tree and just hadn't got around to picking up the branches...... Neighbor kind of laughed when I ask if I could pick up his brush so that I could play with my toy.

The grapple was very easy to use and having lift, curl, and grapple control separate made it very easy to push into a pile, curl over the top, clamp down, roll back and gone!

On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate this as......maybe a 25! :D

Attachments

Last edited: