Are Landpride implements worth the extra money?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I grew up working on worn out equipment and for years had to buy only used tractors and equipment, I now only buy new or lightly used high quality equipment, so it's "worth it" to me.

JGL

Equipment
L2250,bushhog,cultivator,woodsplitter,buzzsaw,farmi winch,woods blade,harrows,
Feb 17, 2013
Dieppe, NB,Canada
I myself don't have any Landpride implements, but I wish I did. My next door neighbor has a rear blade and a bush cutter, and they have been used a lot , and still no problems. They are very well built.

Bob Yocum

Equipment
Grand L 4310,B2650
Jan 31, 2015
Blain,Pa.
I own a Landpride 2584 rear blade and a Landpride 2572 rear grooming mower for over 16 years and have never had any problems with either one other than normal maintenance and I recommend them highly. Well worth the money!

Ky Kubota

Equipment
'13 BX2670, FEL, 60" MMM, Land Pride RB1560 rear bladeLand Pride RTR 0550 tiller
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
All my extra toys for my BX are Land Pride. All are built well and bought them in Kubota Orange to match up with my tractor. Spreader is yellow but still Land Pride.

I have the grader blade RB1560, tiller RTR0550, and spreader FSP 500,,,all work great,,,to me, well worth the money.

Iguide

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3800 Shutt Shift W/R4 Tires Loaded 4WD LA 524 Loader W/Quick Attach 66" Bucket
Always been a firm believer in you " get what you pay for " . But just like buying tools . Depends on how you use it and how often . Used lightly and not often , then cheap . Used hard and often , then buy better quality . Land pride is good stuff .
I have 2 Landpride implements and have had trouble with both of them. A brush hog that had incomplete welds on the front corners the both split while mowing grass only. When I had the corners rewelded you could see that the corners were just tacked and not fully welded. Also a landscape rake that I had to replace all of the bolts holding the tines in place with heat treated bolts because I could never get the OM bolts tight enough without snapping them to hold the tines in an even row place. The heat treated bolts were the only ones that would not snap while putting enough pressure on the tine so the would stay in line.

There are a lot of other brands that are of very good quality implements for much more reasonable money!!!

I highly doubt that I will ever bother to be ripped off by Landpride again. Fool me once shame on you,,,, fool me twice and shame on me.......... I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
Why buy new when used will do. Go used. A lot of the older implements seem to be built heavier from what i have found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenhead

Equipment
L4400, MX5100
Oct 13, 2014
Fond du Lac, WI
In a tiller I look for gear drive rather than chain drive. I also want a friction clutch in case I hit something hard or large.
^^^ I use a King Kutter Tiller 7' with a MX5100 and love it. Also a 6' King Kutter brush mower. Added Amsoil in the gear boxes. I also use a United box blade and it seems bullet proof. You just need to look at the specs. Not all are built well, but some are very tough.

https://youtu.be/LxuEDGSGOZA

Last edited:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I am pretty sure that all the implement manufacturers have several levels of implements. After all you don't want to use an implement built for a 35hp, 3500lb tractor behind a 20hp, 2000lb tractor as well as that same implement should not be used behind a 50HP, 5000lb tractor. But they all are cat 1 hitch implements.

Everyone has problems once in awhile for one reason or another. It just happens.

I happen to have 2 Land Pride implements that happen to be among the best of these particular types of implements available, period.

They have been flawless in their performance. I actually don't think that the implements that I happen to have are any more money than what the competitors offer for the same quality-duty level of implement. But then when you are purchasing top of the line type implements for 60+ HP tractors, the different ways that things can be built and expected to hold up get fewer in the different ways that they can even be built.

From what I have seen, on the 50hp-5000lb and less tractors, you have a much wider choice of places-products to choose from. So yes, in that range of implements, it may not be the best choice to choose Land Pride cost wise.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Ive been pleased with my woods implements and do not/did not see any factors what warrant a premium in price for Landpride implements.

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Like most here, I always look for quality build first, then compare pricing. When looking for a tiller for my BX25D, I scoped out the LP catalog at the dealer, along with a couple off brands, and the Kubota branded ones also. I chose a used Del Marino 52" with 7 sets of tines, very heavy built with great width adjustment, which had no wear showing on the tines at all, for $1000

Come time for a rear blower, I did check out 6 different ones from many manufacturers, but chose a new Kubota 2789, due to it's heavy build, with quality gearbox and rugged augers. The Kubota suggested I wait the month for the right regional sale price, which also saved me $800.
No regrets, it is always choice.