Anyone using the Self-leveling loader on a CUT?

kevininor

Equipment
B2601 with the backhoe
Dec 23, 2021
Oregon
Just like the tile says, I’m trying to find information from anyone using the Kubota MSL on a B01 or LX tractor? I’m intrigued by what a game changer it is for pallet forks, but can t find much info from anyone who has one about the bucket trade offs. I’m expecting a curl capacity reduction, and would love to hear from someone using one to see if it’s worth it.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Just like the tile says, I’m trying to find information from anyone using the Kubota MSL on a B01 or LX tractor? I’m intrigued by what a game changer it is for pallet forks, but can t find much info from anyone who has one about the bucket trade offs. I’m expecting a curl capacity reduction, and would love to hear from someone using one to see if it’s worth it.
I did not buy it but investigated it when considering an LX3310 (effort since abandoned) to replace my B3350.

The MSL is heavier, reducing payload and lift height is also affected. Yes, I would expect that curl is also affected.

The Kubota (not dealer) regional sales manager, though careful about how doing so, seemed to try to steer me away from it.

I did, however, like the single lever hydraulic manifold.

SDT

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
The M59/M62 have a hydraulic self levelling feature you can manually turn on/off. I use it for handling pallets with my forks. If you use forks a lot self levelling is an important feature.

The HSL is ok but not as good as a mechanical self levelling system. If you are loading loose fill into a high sided dump truck it will save your hood from getting pommeled. HSL slows your cycle times a little and it isn't super precise. Better than not having SL.

My personal preference is for MSL. I don't like loaders without some sort of self levelling.

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I have an LX2610 with the leveling kit. I had my tractor for a few weeks before the kit came in, so I was able to use it with and without.

If I had to do it again, I would definitely get the leveling kit. I like it a lot.

Yes, it does reduce the curl function and it took me a bit to get use to it.

As for lifting capacity, I don’t think it reduces it. I believe Messicks did a video on it and found no change

It’s great for pallets, I move IBC totes filled with firewood. And I like it on the bucket feature too. It prevents stupid mistakes like throwing crap on the hood when you raise the boom.

Not to mention when other people are using the tractor and they aren’t being as careful with things.

Even when I’m using my grapple, if I have something grabbed, raising the boom won’t change the angle of the contents, I find it useful when I’m clearing piles of brush or long branches.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I asked the sales guy whether he had a level indicator in his book. He could only find the self levelling FEL.

Figured it would be too much of a wait. Didn't ask for price.

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I believe the price for the load leveler was just under $1000. That was December of 2020

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I see a while back they made the kit for a different loader than mine which is a LA525. I see the linkage involved and wondered if I could duplicate it. Just wish I had the center to center of the pivot points to start a home made version. I would like it most for the fork and grapple function too. Or maybe get the one I see and adapt that one. Can't remember what model it was or what scrap of paper I wrote it down on!

Bill

Njtool

Equipment
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
I see a while back they made the kit for a different loader than mine which is a LA525. I see the linkage involved and wondered if I could duplicate it. Just wish I had the center to center of the pivot points to start a home made version. I would like it most for the fork and grapple function too. Or maybe get the one I see and adapt that one. Can't remember what model it was or what scrap of paper I wrote it down on!

Bill
Nope. Although it says it’s mechanical, it does tie into the hydraulic system. I was thinking about installing it myself because I already had the tractor on the farm. I went to the dealership to look at the kit and quickly realized there was a lot to it.

I think the install instructions are in the loader manual. Take a look at what’s involved.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Made them for a couple garden tractors. Once I got the 'geometry' right, they were slick to use ! One of those HOW did I ever get along without it things...

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Made them for a couple garden tractors. Once I got the 'geometry' right, they were slick to use ! One of those HOW did I ever get along without it things...
That is what I am saying Jay, if I took some time to figure that out, maybe mocking up with some boards in the garage and using my overhead head hoist to move it up and down with the bucket or quick attach staying level in reference to the floor while the cylinders were unhooked on the top end. Maybe use some kindorf or b line for the temp pieces to get the length.

Bill

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeah that's what I did, cut up a lot of cheap paneling as pretend 'steel', a LOT easier to fab with skilsaw and wood screws ! I started with a manual for a Sears garden tractor loader manual off the internet(for basic 'how it works and looks),then saw what regular,stock cylinders Princess Auto carried. Made for an interesting ,time filling project one summer.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
yeah that's what I did, cut up a lot of cheap paneling as pretend 'steel', a LOT easier to fab with skilsaw and wood screws ! I started with a manual for a Sears garden tractor loader manual off the internet(for basic 'how it works and looks),then saw what regular,stock cylinders Princess Auto carried. Made for an interesting ,time filling project one summer.
That word brought back a memory, my dad always called the circular saw a skilsaw. I have his old 6-1/2" skilsaw in the basement somewhere last I knew. Doesn't work, probably needs brushes, but I couldn't throw it away for years. He didn't have a lot of tools, have an old stillson wrench too as he called a pipe wrench. Guess it is like crescent wrench for me.

Sometimes it is just the challenge to make something that makes me want to try a project. I made a narrow bucket for my BH77 for some electrical work and plumbed a hydraulic thumb this last year.

Bill