Anyone using Pallet Forks with a Man Cage?

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I use a pallet on my fork attachment on my L3830 , I was a lineman for 37 years for the local power company so while on the pallet I wear my lineman’s belt and belt off to the fork attachment . My brother operates the tractor he lifts me into position and I run the chain saw . While traveling from one cutting spot to another for safety reasons lower the pallet forks to a safe height. You also want to strap what ever pallet/ cage you use to the fork attachment. Use safe work practices while trimming and you should be fine we have done this for years with no problems....... Dan

MilkyWay

Dec 5, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
....I need to cut back trees and wild grape vines that have overgrown my access road and I need to trim the trees in my Pecan orchard.

My thinking is to use Pallet Forks and a lift bucket to gain access to branches ....
My preference is to put a six foot step ladder in the bucket, raise the bucket to full height, then just before climbing to the top of the ladder with my running chain saw, yell " Hey guys, Watch this!!"

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
My preference is to put a six foot step ladder in the bucket, raise the bucket to full height, then just before climbing to the top of the ladder with my running chain saw, yell " Hey guys, Watch this!!"
Wait a minute! Where is the "hold my beer" in that statement?

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I use a pallet on my fork attachment on my L3830 , I was a lineman for 37 years for the local power company so while on the pallet I wear my lineman***8217;s belt and belt off to the fork attachment . My brother operates the tractor he lifts me into position and I run the chain saw . While traveling from one cutting spot to another for safety reasons lower the pallet forks to a safe height. You also want to strap what ever pallet/ cage you use to the fork attachment. Use safe work practices while trimming and you should be fine we have done this for years with no problems....... Dan
The ole climbing belt will keep ya from falling off all kinds of stuff huh? :cool:;)

Attachments

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
The ole climbing belt will keep ya from falling off all kinds of stuff huh? :cool:;)
Yes sir AKA the money belt $$$$$$ , being a lineman was the best job I could have ever asked for and the overtime was endless DOUBLE TIME .

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Yes sir AKA the money belt $$$$$$ , being a lineman was the best job I could have ever asked for.
I have to agree. I've got 12yrs in myself, with the contractors :)

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Here's mine. Just used it today. They threw it away at work. Nothing wrong with it. Just didn't want to lift people with the lift trucks anymore. Dedicated man lifts only.
20190320_161435.jpg