Anyone own a B series with bi-speed turn option?

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
I’m thinking of upgrading one of my B7200’s to a B2410 with bi-speed turn. It appears to be the last B series Kubota made with this option (2000-2005). I assume they dropped it due to the popularity of the zero-turn mower, which I’m not interested in.

Mainly curious if it does cut down on turning radius and doesn’t tear up the grass when operational. I've seen a few you-tube videos, but they are more about the larger M-series with this feature. I’d rather hear from someone that uses one to mow with and get your opinion. Thanks!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m thinking of upgrading one of my B7200’s to a B2410 with bi-speed turn. It appears to be the last B series Kubota made with this option (2000-2005). I assume they dropped it due to the popularity of the zero-turn mower, which I’m not interested in.

Mainly curious if it does cut down on turning radius and doesn’t tear up the grass when operational. I've seen a few you-tube videos, but they are more about the larger M-series with this feature. I’d rather hear from someone that uses one to mow with and get your opinion. Thanks!
I have owned my B1750HSD with Bi-Speed Turn since 1993.

The Bi-Speed-Turn option does reduce both turning radius and turf damage but it does not make it into a zero turn, which, of course, will also damage turf when maneuvering sharply.

I use my 1750 with the terrain following 60" MMM. With FWD, it will mow steep parcels that one simply could not mow with a zero turn.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

InTheWoods

Premium Member

Equipment
B7510/FEL, B7100D, ZD18, ASK-R130
Nov 17, 2023
Indiana
I'd avoid it. No experience, but it seems like another thing to break that isn't of that much value in the first place...

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
While I am a fan of keeping things simple, I feel this is a feature I could benefit from. Almost half of my mowing needs to be done in 4wd, so I'm in the same boat as you SDT. I appreciate your input. I guess the best thing to do is just buy one, use it for a season and see which one I like better.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
While I am a fan of keeping things simple, I feel this is a feature I could benefit from. Almost half of my mowing needs to be done in 4wd, so I'm in the same boat as you SDT. I appreciate your input. I guess the best thing to do is just buy one, use it for a season and see which one I like better.
Should you buy one, I recommend engaging Bi-Speed only while mowing. Turn it off when using a FEL or other front mounted accessories to avoid unnecessary wear to the torque limiting clutch pack.

Last edited: