anyone know what this is on this filler cap

andythai2019

Equipment
kx161-3
Jun 1, 2019
thailand
this off my Kubota rc15-fd dumper and its to fill the gearbox oil.
there is a dipstick just below this filler so I'm assuming its not fill level?

Attachments

dsc440

Dec 11, 2017
US
Look up parts diagrams for your model - find the picture and scroll down to the list - all are numbered - sure looks like a dipstick to me , good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Your model Dumper is not one that seems to be sold or have been sold in North America

It looks like a dipstick to me.

Because the fluid is usually so clear it is hard to see, manufacturers have various strategies to make the fluid level easier to see. On some it is small dimples along the dipstick which fill with oil thus yielding the level. On yours, it looks like the disks get coated with oil to show the level.

On the North American machines sold today, they have a sight glass to show the transmission fluid level.

Dave

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Your model Dumper is not one that seems to be sold or have been sold in North America

It looks like a dipstick to me.

Because the fluid is usually so clear it is hard to see, manufacturers have various strategies to make the fluid level easier to see. On some it is small dimples along the dipstick which fill with oil thus yielding the level. On yours, it looks like the disks get coated with oil to show the level.

On the North American machines sold today, they have a sight glass to show the transmission fluid level.

Dave

One reason why I use Chevron THC synthetic. It's dyed orange so you can see it. Interestingly so is the Rotella VG30 hydraulic fluid (which is Kubota compatible as well.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It seems too short to be reaching fluid in the sump and I would not think the engineers would want it filled up into that tube???

If it is truly the fill port then they may just be splash guards to keep it from leaking but that also seems unnecessary if the fluid level is below the tube.

In short I don’t know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
It seems too short to be reaching fluid in the sump and I would not think the engineers would want it filled up into that tube???

If it is truly the fill port then they may just be splash guards to keep it from leaking but that also seems unnecessary if the fluid level is below the tube.

In short I don’t know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking as well.
The disks don't look to go any farther than the bottom of the tube. It would be a weird way to measure the fluid, all the way up into the tube, especially, if there's a dipstick right next to it.
Gotta be a sort of splash protection or something.
Is this just a track machine, with excavator type hand and foot controls, and a dump box? Maybe because they can operate at severe angles, they put the disks there to help keep the fluid from finding its way out the cap? I have no idea either, really.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
They are probably baffles, is there a breather on the side of the tube not shown in the picture or a port?

andythai2019

Equipment
kx161-3
Jun 1, 2019
thailand
hi
I thought maybe splash guards but there is no breather on the side, or the cap as I can see.
the dipstick is the thin rod to the left of the filler just below and that has levels on it, I topped it up this morning and the oil doesn't show in the bottom of the filler hole so the splash protect may also not be correct, perhaps I ought to run it with the cap off and see if I get soaked in oil, haha
this seems like an engineered piece but for what I have no idea..
I do know the unit is a hydrostatic drive of which I know nothing about, but maybe it will shed light on any ideas you guys have.
as for looking at THE MANUAL,i have another thread asking if anyone got one!!!!
I think this was Japanese import but regardless even if it wasn't in English,it would have some kind of manual I would think