Anyone here have a King Kutter Professional rotary mower with flex hitch?

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I was looking at new rotary mowers this weekend and came across them at Rural King.

I like the concept but am not sure I like the extra moving hitch parts.

If anyone has one, I'd be interested in your opinion of it.

J.Wal

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3130
Oct 30, 2017
Millington Tennessee
I was looking at getting it but ended up going with the EA ( everything attachments) brush cutter. Looks to be a overall heavier duty unit. I want to buy once and be done.

So can’t speak on it but was interested in the idea also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I have a KK with the flex hitch. I have had it for several years now. I have nothing to compare it to though, as it is the only rough cut mower I have owned (besides a Case Hydracutter). No issues with the KK so far. It does what it is supposed to. I have very rough and uneven ground. The flex hitch does work with in this situation though.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I have one. No issues with it after several seasons. I have rough ground and mow firebreaks and trails. The flex hitch is an attractive idea but in actual use its amount of travel is limited. It works ok but not oh wow how did I ever get along without it.
I have used mine enough that I'm going to replace or add to the side edge wear bars this season.
If you buy one take note, they taped the owners manual under the deck on mine. It was sealed in a heavy plastic bag. I picked mine up on a rainy day and got it home and thought it odd that I didn't get an owners manual but had no trouble setting it up. Found the pdf online but found the paper one the first time I used the cutter. 15' into some tall grass and wop wop wop the manual came out shredded.
It works with my quick hitch just fine.

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Thanks all for the replies. I ended up bringing one home this evening. I am working on making a front chain guard now...waiting for paint to dry as I type this.:D I don't like getting hit in the back of the head by old beer cans.:eek:

J.Wal, I agree these are not the heaviest duty one can buy. I already have a heavier BushHog brand for true brush cutting but I am hoping the KK will serve me better than it for mowing simple tall grass and weeds in my side ditches. Hoping it will conform better to the slopes.

Kingcreek, thanks much for the heads up on the manual. Mine was also taped under the deck and would have surely gotten mulched. I asked for a manual at Rural King just to see what they would say. They told me I had to get one from the internet. They had no idea it was under the mower.

I guess time will tell if it is a hit or miss. Thanks again.