Anyone have a BXPanded FEL Dolly?

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
I have a BX1880 with the FEL and 48" MMM. I've been using the FEL quite a bit since I got it, but I'm wrapping up some projects and we're getting up on mowing season so I don't think I'll need the FEL for a while. I removed and reinstalled it once just to try it and I think with practice that'll become pretty quick and easy. I could, theoretically, remove it every time I mow and put it back on to park it.

I saw the BXPanded FEL Dolly and thought that might be convenient because I could roll the FEL so it's sideways in the back of the garage and it'll be out of the way when it isn't used. The price isn't bad either.

Anyone have one and have any feedback? I notice the reviews say it makes it easier to remove and reinstall. But, I saw one video of a guy with one and it looked like he struggled a lot more than I did removing mine without a dolly. Can anyone explain why it should make it easier if they have one and think it does?

I'm loving my little BX1880 so far - it's saved me a lot of time already with only about 7 hours on it.

WhatnxtBX

Equipment
BX2380
Jun 10, 2019
Lk Stevens, WA
I made my own dolly however, for me it makes it easier to line everything up before reinstalling. Otherwise, you need to move the tractor. With a dolly, you just move it. Great for storage in the garage.

Reactions: 1 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
I have one and love it! Highly recommend, it stopped me from tearing up the driveway, or continuing to struggle taking it off weekly for mowing duties, and it not being just right on level ground, and causing all sorts of damage to the ground/tractor/loader...

If you have a piece of level (actually level) ground that you don't mind the stands tearing into, then I'd say skip the dolly, but I have a well maintained paved driveway that I tore up several times with the stands, and have since had repaved.

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
I have one and love it! Highly recommend, it stopped me from tearing up the driveway, or continuing to struggle taking it off weekly for mowing duties, and it not being just right on level ground, and causing all sorts of damage to the ground/tractor/loader...

If you have a piece of level (actually level) ground that you don't mind the stands tearing into, then I'd say skip the dolly, but I have a well maintained paved driveway that I tore up several times with the stands, and have since had repaved.
I took mine off in the garage once just to prove I could do it and it didn't seem to cause any damage to the concrete. The driveway's concrete too, so I suppose I have either option.

Do you run into any issues taking it off on the stand as opposed to a lower normal flat surface?

My hope with the dolly is it'll let me roll the FEL around the garage to a spot in the corner where it's out of the way. I couldn't take it off in that spot normally because it's tucked between things where the tractor won't fit. But that way, I could just leave it out of the way unless I actually need it.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
I bought one last year and finally got around to assembling it and using it. Freaking awesome. Highly recommended. And thankfully it's pretty short money.

Reactions: 1 user

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
I took mine off in the garage once just to prove I could do it and it didn't seem to cause any damage to the concrete. The driveway's concrete too, so I suppose I have either option.

Do you run into any issues taking it off on the stand as opposed to a lower normal flat surface?

My hope with the dolly is it'll let me roll the FEL around the garage to a spot in the corner where it's out of the way. I couldn't take it off in that spot normally because it's tucked between things where the tractor won't fit. But that way, I could just leave it out of the way unless I actually need it.
I'd say it's actually easier to take off with the stand than it was on flat ground, unless you don't align the dolly correctly, then it's a bit of a crap show.

As for being able to move the FEL around, I can easily wheel it around into the garage, back out, etc, with ease, and I'm a cyclist, so I have no upper body strength (if that's added piece of mind).

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
Awesome, thanks for the feedback everyone! Seeing that I'm not hearing anything negative and it'll do what I want it for, I think I'll order one soon!

Reactions: 1 user