Any Kubota M5 series owners out there?

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
Son is seriously thinking about getting an M5-111 or a M5-091 cab tractor to cut down on the number of tractors he has and something a little smaller in size than his CaseIH 5140 and more power than his JD 5065M and more loader capacity than the MX5100. Just trying to get some first hand experiences, not much info out there. Thanks

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
I've had an M5-111 for about 8 months now, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.
What's your overall feel about it? is it 2wd or 4wd? What transmission did you get? Is yours an Open Station or Cab? Fuel consumption, I'm reading about 6 gallons/hour at full pull, is that close? Any problems yet? Thanks

UpNorth

Equipment
M5-111
Jun 1, 2017
Minnesota
I love it, and I've driven machines both bigger and smaller. Love the layout of the cab, everything is in easy reach and makes sense layout wise. (By the way, the A/C is top notch, feels ice cold almost immediately after turning it on). The thing I was most surprised about was how quiet it is, even when working. If you were to guess how much power it has based on noise alone, you would place it at the bottom of the list, but this thing can PULL. We have used it for numerous discing jobs on the farm and it barely breaks a sweat.

As for the rest of your questions, it's 4wd with the 24 dual-speed transmission (high-low range with 6 speeds, plus dual speed button, effectively creating 24 speeds). It has a cab, and for most jobs we use it for we are seeing around 1.5 - 2 gallons per hour, but we don't use it for plowing often. We have had 0 problems so far.

I will say that I would highly recommend getting the dual speed transmission. It was one of those things that I didn't think I would need before hand, but the tractor the dealer had on the lot already had it installed, so I just went with it. I use it for almost every job I do now. An example is when I reach the end of a row, due to the confined space I do not want to turn around the same speed as I was going in the rows. On other tractors doing the same job I would have to downshift, but on this I can just hit the "slow-speed" button and don't have to deal with clutching and switching gears. As soon as I'm back in the row, I just hit the button again and I'm back to work.

ccs

Equipment
M5-111HDC12 4WD w/FEL, RC4615, RCF3696: L4060 w/FEL, QH15, RCF2072, BB2572
Jul 5, 2017
Pennsylvania
UpNorth --- when you say the "dual speed" transmission...you mean the one that has either 12 or 24 right..you basically saying dont get the 8 speed..? am I correct ?

I'm just about to order my M5-111 today or tomorrow..Im going M5-111 4wd HDC12.