Ants in my battery charger

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I need input from you smart guys,,, This morning I went to the garage to get my battery drill and when I pulled the battery out of the charger,,, DAYUM ,, ants,, ants every place, coming out of the battery out of the charger and all over my hand before I could even pull it away. These are little brown beytches maybe a 1/16 long and they freekin bite too. a couple blasts of LPS stemmed the flow, only cause that's the only thing I could grab. What I want to know has anyone else had ants in their battery charger and why the hell would they move in to it in the first place,,,,,

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Ants will go anywhere thay can. I was at the bank teller inside window,,counter and I noticed those little bitty ants(piss ants we call them) crawling down the counter. Inside the bank , mind you.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
In the south there are fire ants and now something called Rasberry ants. They came from South America and have spread across the warmer climate area. I don't think they would be up north as far as you are.

Both are attracted to electrical enclosures - something about the ozone created or the warmth attracts them.

The fire ants bite and it really does hurt and will make a small pustule that itches. The Rasberry is not supposed to be a bad biter but they are larger colonies so can be worse to deal with and have no good control yet.

MadAmos

Equipment
B20
Dec 3, 2013
Atascadero CA
Amdro.

Stuff is AWESOME!!!
+1

It used to be Grants any time I spot ants I shake a teaspoon or so on the nest and in a week or so it is gone. I live on a river bank, ok most of the year it is a dry river and I have 100 Ft of grapes that the ants are attracted to. So far it has not failed to stop an infestation in it's tracks.

The trick is it is not instant rather a bait that the ants take in the nest and share.

Paul