Another Tiller Question...

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I've searched here but haven't found much on brand preference. Get the heavy duty, go wide I get. Reverse till or forward? Caroni & LP are locally available but used are tough to find. No rocks here, really, and mostly will be used to tear out pasture to replant. Neighbor has a 4' disc but an offset tiller will get me closer to fence lines. Tractor is an L4740. Thanks in advance.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have a LP forward tiller with a slip clutch which works fine here in AL where it is a little rocky. Forward tillers are made to go over rocks and roots easier while reverse tillers are made to dig in deeper and require more HP.

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
I figured that from using walk behind ones, thanks though. Now why don't they make one where you can move the PTO shaft and change the tine direction? The gear box would cost more but it seems doable.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I bought a Caroni FL 1400 used (well not very used, still had paint on the tines). I have never seen one before, but I knew that Agrisupply has all the parts available, so I bought it. It is a very nice tiller and very quiet, when compared to the Landpride I use to borrow. I have it running on a B7100.

Last edited: