Another L245dt with a hydraulic problem

boothboy

Equipment
Kubota L245dt, Ford 4000
May 21, 2020
Grass Valley,CA,USA
Sounds like you're not getting any flow out of the pump.
Crack a pressure line and see if you get fluid out of it, if you don't you aren't getting any flow.
As I said ' I did a pressure reading at the pump and the pump works just fine . With my control valve I put on my pressure gauge I was able to crank it down and saw 2000 lb. Hose from the control valve dumped directly into crank case. There is no problem with flow from the pump. I've opened up the rear of the tractor and dismantled the control valve except for the valve under the slotted plug. I'm having trouble removing slotted plug from body. My Drag Link socket on a breaker bar has too much slop and I don't want to bugger up the slot. Asking if there are any tips or tricks. If not I'll machine a tool.

Thanks BB 😁 😁

JRaf

Equipment
L245DT
Oct 15, 2019
Los Olivos CA
If I understand correctly you're talking about the position control valve that sits up under the rockshaft cover. A drag link socket sounds right. And some sort of air driven impact wrench.
I ground down a big screwdriver end, got a tight fit, and turned it with a pipe wrench but that was miserable.
Pictures?

boothboy

Equipment
Kubota L245dt, Ford 4000
May 21, 2020
Grass Valley,CA,USA
Well I pulled the lift arm cylinder and rebuilt everything. All new o rings and ring backers Cleaned everything , blew it all out, honed the cylinder and we have a functioning rear hydraulic system . Everything does what it is suppose to. Only one thing. As the arms are rising I have a screeching noise. I've adjusted the control valve numerous times thinking that the valve is not quite open far enough or a little too far and I hearing the oil shredding. The noise starts when I move the lift leaver and ends when the arms arrive at the point I select. All the way or partially, it doesn't matter. When the arms reach their destination the hydraulic load comes off and engine rpm are relieved. Any thoughts?

Last edited: