Another Curtis cab question

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Hi guys, couple questions about a Curtis cab for a bx25d . First ,how much do they cost with heater and stereo ,hard sides?
Second, how loud is it in the cab with the whine of the hst?

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Hi guys, couple questions about a Curtis cab for a bx25d . First ,how much do they cost with heater and stereo ,hard sides?
Second, how loud is it in the cab with the whine of the hst?

Just got mine home today from the dealer. Had them install it was $4,700 with heater. All hard sides including removable back. Front wiper.

They no longer can get the roof consoles, so i'm gonna have to catch one on ebay sooner or later. They look like 500-600

I haven't had a chance to run it, just started her up and put her in my garage. Its louder, but not terrible. Will have to see when she actually gets used for something if I'm wearing hearing protection or not all buttoned up

forceten

Equipment
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
New report for ya. Drove the BX to my back shed to see if it fit in the garage doors.

On low rpms, it wasn't that loud. Engine isnt loud at all. But as soon as I pumped up the rpms to 2k and started moving - man the trans is noisy as can be in an enclosed cab. Even with the windows open.

So in my opinion - full hard cab moving around you definitely should have some hearing protection on. Guess I'm wearing my headsets with radio when I snowblow this winter.

Not sure how the cab will be with all the doors and back and front windshield off in the summer. I will assume it wont be as bad as it is fully enclosed.

I have to see if i can add some insulation on the floorboard and front to deaden the noise some

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Thanks for the reply. Price is good for what you get , but the whole noise thing is turning me off. May make something myself to keep some of the snow off me when snow blowing. Finding the time to do it is another thing.

forceten

Equipment
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Thanks for the reply. Price is good for what you get , but the whole noise thing is turning me off. May make something myself to keep some of the snow off me when snow blowing. Finding the time to do it is another thing.

Don't let me turn you off of the cab. It really is impressive, and it should be for that price..........

I have a hard cab for my ford tractor and its noisy as well. Just not as noisy. I think because the ford doesnt have the trans like the kubota. I'm betting any well sealed cab you come up with for the kubota is gonna be pretty noisy inside with the trans running.

Like I said I think a project on my list is to try to insulate and deaden the sound a bit better and see if that works. I don't mind blowing with a headset on, but would be nice not to have anything

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Noise is an issue in my cab. The hydro whine is what bothers me the most. I've used different ear protection and the simple foam plugs work best for me.

I came up with a plan to reduce the noise, but it's too easy to use earplugs and the cab is rock solid. My plan would have required modifying the mounts and I decided it wasn't worth the effort - and disturbing the mounts.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Even the factory cab is noisy on my B2650. I just keep a pair of headphone-type ear protectors in the cab.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Mine is loud too and I've found the ROPS to be the biggest offender. If I put a firm grip on it with my hand to absorb some resonence and I can hear the difference (gets quieter). I'm going to be filling my ROPS with expanding foam in the next few weeks and see if that makes it bearable. Up until now I've worn my Bose noise cancelling headphones but it would be nice not to have to wear anything at all.

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
Always thought the B series with a cab were loud, the BX hard cab fully surpasses that..... Unless you plan on wearing ear protection all the time, I'd go a different route. I dont think you'd be able to get a stereo loud enough to make it worth putting it into one.