Another B2401

ultra97rider

Equipment
B2401
Jul 3, 2021
Blountville, Tn
Just purchased a new 2401. it is at the dealership waiting for the frontend loader. Purchased from Johnson city Kubota in Tennessee. I am very please with the dealership and sales person. So far an excellent experience. My first Kubota. will be quite a step up from my 1950 Farmall Cub.

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 47704

I have a cub,they certainly are fun to drive, the B2401 looks to be fun too.You're going to wait for a loader.

We have a group of cub owners that hang out sometimes and show them as a group at the local fair.
We crashed the cruise night at the local drive in once with 7 cubs, everyone got it and they were well received.

ultra97rider

Equipment
B2401
Jul 3, 2021
Blountville, Tn
I have a cub,they certainly are fun to drive, the B2401 looks to be fun too.You're going to wait for a loader.

We have a group of cub owners that hang out sometimes and show them as a group at the local fair.
We crashed the cruise night at the local drive in once with 7 cubs, everyone got it and they were well received.
My cub was my retirement project. went thru it and got it running well and cleaned up. attended a couple of cub fests. good times. now I just need a new mower and the loader will be nice to move gravel and dirt. always wanted a Kubota I am 72 y/o so will last me the rest of my life.

Vladhed

Equipment
B2401DT, old rear blade, RCR1248 rotary cutter, MK Martin SB54 snow blower
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
Ryan Lynch has uploaded a complete new set of B2401DT assembly videos. Here's the last one where he takes it for a spin through all 9 gears

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

lp97

Equipment
Kubota b2401dt
Jan 29, 2022
SW Virginia
Hello, I have been looking at purchasing a compact tractor and I am not a fan of the HST for many reasons. I have run tractors for many years but have not looked into the new compact segment. I was blown away that they are 90% HST! I am hoping to be able to purchase the b2401 in the next few weeks to help around my house, hunting land, parent's property, and in my work. Thanks for all the information in this thread, I can't wait to get to know one of these machines!

Reactions: 1 user

Vladhed

Equipment
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
I was blown away that they are 90% HST
I have had my B2401DT for a month, including one big dump of snow. It was deep enough that I had to go down my lane pushing snow onto piles on either side, and then clean up with a rear blade.
I didn't really think shifting between R and 2 all the time slowed me down in the slightest. And I did some loader work with a borrowed BX HST this summer to compare it to.
What I did appreciate was not having to keep a foot on any pedal when reversing with the rear blade.
Looking forward to this summer to see how brush cutting works with the transmission PTO.

Clementine21

Equipment
B2401 with FEL, back blade, back rake, carry all
Dec 9, 2021
Troy, Idaho, USA
Your comments are completely aligned with my thoughts.

I just purchased a clamp on exhaust elbow to direct the exhaust out away from the ground and loader. I am amazed at how much dust the exhaust kicks up and when running the chipper I worry about the hot exhaust setting chips on fire. Plus it really creates a lot of soot on the loader. I didn't think I would care about the soot but its hitting two hydraulic fittings and built up enough to look like I had a bit of a leak. I'd prefer not to have the exhaust blasting my hydraulic lines.

Most of the work I'm currently doing is clearing trees. My wife also questioned the need for a small tractor. She is now completely convinced that it was the right decision but she doesn't support the purchase of a grapple. I have the LP PFL42 pallet forks and I use them constantly. Mostly for moving logs and brush but they're very handy and I agree that the SSQA is one of the most useful things ever. A grapple would make tree work much easier but the application seems limited where the pallet forks are on my tractor more than the bucket.

I've gone back and forth on the idea of a quick hitch. For now I have a couple harbor freight furniture dollies that I keep my rear implements on. My shop has a smooth concrete floor and it makes aligning implements and attaching them super easy.

I also really appreciate the foot throttle. One huge advantage to the gear drive is doing light work at almost idle RPM and the foot throttle gives the ability to power into a pile of dirt when needed without wearing earplugs to mask the sound of the engine at constant high RPM's.

I think I mentioned my thoughts on the weight previously. Even with my 500lb chipper on the 3PH the back end feels light at times. The pallet forks have the ability to move weight much farther forward amplifying the need for weight.

Glad its working out for you, still surprised that we're the only two with a B2401 on the forum. Did you see the 'kubota vs kubota' video Messicks posted a few weeks ago? it does a pretty good job of showing the true difference in gear vs HST ability to deliver power to the ground.
I am here now, got mine 8-30-21. Love it for all the reasons mentioned.

Clementine21

Equipment
B2401 with FEL, back blade, back rake, carry all
Dec 9, 2021
Troy, Idaho, USA
I got a “Pat’s Quick Hitch and love it. Sure I have to get off to hook up the top link, but it will adjust for width so I don’t have to modify any of my old attachments.

djbbenn

Equipment
Nothing yet
Sep 14, 2022
Canada
Hi All,

Considering a B2401 with a loader/backhoe for my first tractor. Plan on clearing my newly acquired land (~2acres) to build in about 2years time. Figure I rather invest in a tractor and do the clearing myself over the next two years and have a machine I can retire to mowing/snow clearing. Was looking at a 2601, then a 2301 but price was starting too push my budget. Then I learnt about the 2401. I like the idea of a manual transmission as well, but cost savings is the main driver.

Maybe someone can answer this however. Does the 2401 have reduced hydraulic power in the loader and backhoe because of the lower flow rate (7gpm vs 8.3gpm)? I have seen a couple of comments on youtube and one on here where people have claimed the hydraulics - the loader/backhoe - are less powerful? Is this true?

To me the the 2401 has a lower flow rate because of the lack of HST and hydraulic steering. But I want to be sure. I feel with the 2401 I’m already giving up the convience of the HST, hydraulic steering, slightly less HP, and some creature comforts such as the seat. Those I can live with, but loosing capability on the loader and backhoe are a no go for me.

Many thanks,
Dan

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'd guess it's just the lack of hydraulic steering. For some reason hydraulic flow is always reported as implement flow + steering flow. I guess because some machines like the BX have a combined pump. On the B they're separate pumps, so no hydraulic steering would mean lower reported flow, but no actual change in implement performance.

I'm not aware that the hydraulic system is different on a B2401 than B2601, other than steering and HST.

Vladhed

Equipment
Jul 17, 2021
Perth, ON
I'd guess it's just the lack of hydraulic steering.
My B2401 definitely has power steering. If it's not hydraulic, what is it?

As for lower flow rate, I think that only means implements might move a bit slower. A LA435 loader has the same capacity on all the B-series models. Presumably same for the backhoe.

Only thing I noticed in the "glossies" was the 3 point has about 10% less lift capacity on the B2401.