Another aux valve thread

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
Last year I posted about a project where I rigged something up to get a rear valve hooked up on my backhoe's hydro lines. This works fine but it obviously means that the backhoe can't be used while the valve is hooked up.

So I'm not thinking about making a permanent installation. I believe my tractor (b2601) has 2 ports somewhere that are dedicated to hookup an aux valve.
1- Can someone tell me where those ports are? If you have a diagram that would be nice.
2- Am I gonna leak oil everywhere when I remove the caps on those ports?
3- In this type of installation, a PB wouldn't be required right? I would assume that the plumbing was internally built for this purpose.

Thank you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Last year I posted about a project where I rigged something up to get a rear valve hooked up on my backhoe's hydro lines. This works fine but it obviously means that the backhoe can't be used while the valve is hooked up.

So I'm not thinking about making a permanent installation. I believe my tractor (b2601) has 2 ports somewhere that are dedicated to hookup an aux valve.
1- Can someone tell me where those ports are? If you have a diagram that would be nice.
2- Am I gonna leak oil everywhere when I remove the caps on those ports?
3- In this type of installation, a PB wouldn't be required right? I would assume that the plumbing was internally built for this purpose.

Thank you.
A power beyond is "required" with most open center valves.

The OEM remote ports you are talking about are simply openings in the side of the tractor and require an adapter plate (red box) with o-rings. Unless you are going to machine a custom one they are not useable.

1665934221756.png

Don't make this more complicated than need be - use your backhoe circuit as follows:
  1. Reroute the backhoe supply line to IN on your AUX valve
  2. Put a hose and quick coupler on the power beyond port on your AUX valve. That now feeds the backhoe. You can mount the quick coupler in the same spot as the original backhoe line.
  3. Run a hose from the tank port on your AUX valve back to tank on the tractor. An easy spot to tie into is the tank return on the loader valve. Its low pressure rubber hose - cut it in two and install a hose barb tee.
1665935558966.png

If your backhoe (BH70??) has a third tank return line that has already been done and you can simply tee into the tank return line at the backhoe couplers.

Hooked up like this you can use the AUX and backhoe at the same time. When the backhoe is removed loop the backhoe supply and return lines together just as you did before. Thats not much more the $75 in parts.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Petey Kubota

Equipment
B2601 Kubota loader back hoe
Feb 9, 2021
Milford PA
Hi I want to add a valve for a hydraulic thumb to my BH70 back hoe. Is there a diagram that shows how to use the OEM hoses. My B2601 is a 2020

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi I want to add a valve for a hydraulic thumb to my BH70 back hoe. Is there a diagram that shows how to use the OEM hoses. My B2601 is a 2020
If that is all you will use the valve for:
  1. Mount the new valve on the backhoe.
  2. Disconnect the tractor supply hose from the backhoe valve and reconnect it to the IN port on your new valve.
  3. Using a new hose connect the power beyond port on the new valve to the IN port on the backhoe valve.
  4. Djsconnect the tractor tank return hose from the backhoe valve and install a tee on the return port.
  5. Connect the tank return port on the new valve to the tee
  6. Connect the tractor tank return hose to the tee
Done.

Dan
1666090516307.png

Last edited: