alternator upgrade to a B6000.

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
I'm looking to change over from the original genarator on my B6000 and fit a newer alternator setup to power extra lighting and a front mounted 12v winch.
My question is this, there does not appear to be any obvious mounting hardware for such a conversion on the B6000, althought there are several alternator available that are quoted as being a direct replacement and fitment for a B6000.
Now on the basis that there doesnt appear to be any mounts for this, how can they be a direct replacement and fitting then.
Does anyone have any experience in this area or performed such a conversion, or can it even be done at all.

cheers
rob

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Rob

It would be pretty easy to add an alternator to the b6000. However I think you would need to fabricate a mounting bracket.
You will see that many b6000 with front end loaders have an extra hydraulic pump which is belt driven off the radiator fan belt. You could easily take this approach to add your alternator.

See http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0436174672&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
for an alternator that looks like it would do the job.

So while I don't think you will get an off the shelf solution I don't think it would be too hard to fab something up if your reasonably handy with a grinder and welder.

Look on this forum I think ToddDrummy posted some photo's of his b6000 that had a photo of the front end loader hydraulic pump being run off the fan belt.

Hope this helps.

Cheers John