Alamo RX 72 Reviews

bherpin

Equipment
L4330
Aug 28, 2015
Leonville, Louisiana
I'm looking at purchasing a used Alamo RX72 mower that I found online for a decent price. Owner says it works great but I can't find any reviews for this mower. Anybody have any experience with this brand? Pros - Cons? I plan on using it for my bush hogging service so it will be used mostly for overgrown areas with small saplings and brush. I'll be putting it on a Kubota L4330.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm looking at purchasing a used Alamo RX72 mower that I found online for a decent price. Owner says it works great but I can't find any reviews for this mower. Anybody have any experience with this brand? Pros - Cons? I plan on using it for my bush hogging service so it will be used mostly for overgrown areas with small saplings and brush. I'll be putting it on a Kubota L4330.
Looking at the pdf file - looks to be a rather solid mower.
You are right on the edge of PTO HP - it requires 35-45 HP - you are right at 35 - I would imagine you'll be fine as frogs hair with it !:)

What is he asking for the 6' rotary cutter?

Last edited:

bherpin

Equipment
L4330
Aug 28, 2015
Leonville, Louisiana
I picked it up for $600. It cuts good but has a slight vibration to it. I've ordered some new blades for it. It appears that the pan has a slight bend or is not seated properly because when I measure the clearance on one end then rotate the pan 180 degrees and remeasure it has about an inch difference. I'll tell you what though, when put next to my Frontier RC2060 this thing is a beast. Much heavier metal and the gearbox looks twice the size.