Affordable hydraulic top link option for LX series without waiting 6 months.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Just wanted to follow up and add some notes to this thread.

If you have an LX2610, LX3310, B2650, etc... series with the Pats Quick Hitch, the correct top link is the one Daferris suggested above. The Sparepartsholland 20 7/8" - 31 7/8" or 530mm - 810mm works with full range of motion for my box blade.

I ground the sleeve and the housing down (misread the instructions in the first post) but I now have near factory fitment. Here is roughly the extension that results in my BB scrapers level front to back.

I need to come up with a solution to hang the top link so I don't have to remove it when it's not hooked up. Maybe some low grade chain wrapped around the factory link hook...

View attachment 84797
Perhaps you could use a pin that you could have go thru the hole in the end of the link. Then have 2 light duty chains come down from the ROPS to connect on each side of the pin. That would keep the link up as well as keeping it from swinging Left-Right.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Perhaps you could use a pin that you could have go thru the hole in the end of the link. Then have 2 light duty chains come down from the ROPS to connect on each side of the pin. That would keep the link up as well as keeping it from swinging Left-Right.
That's a good idea. I measured 7mm on the hanger that is installed on the top link. I could go with a 1/4" adjustable clevis pin with 7/64" cotter and run two pieces of light duty chain up to the ROPS using the predrilled holes and two quick release pins.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I just got a hydraulic top link from Spare parts Holland https://sparepartsholland.com/produ...-with-locking-block-460-670-mm-with-2-x-hose/
It's also available on Amazon and on E-bay took about 4 days to arrive. For just a few buck more and without any risk of the fees for a foreign currency transaction on the credit card or customs clearance / duties adding to the price.
This is what is needed to make it work on a LX series with factory rear remotes...
1). You need to grind a total of about 3/32" off the sleeve on the fixed end for it to fit into the top link mount on the transmission housing.
2). The banjo fittings for the lock block are G3/8" BSPP thread. I used those fittings but I cut the hoses shorter to fit my tractor better and went to my local NAPA parts store to have them crimp on a Gates G251000604 3/8" hose to 1/4" Male NPT fitting. That allows me to use the Pioneer couplers that came with the tractor.

Also just an FYI the hydraulic cylinder is marked made in Turkey... Hopefully that's an improvement over the Chinese stuff...

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
PrincessAuto has cheap hydraulic top links CDN$179-$199 regular price

If you are willing to wait you can always get them when they go on sale
Thank you for posting that... That's another good option. One comment is the Sparepartsholland one has a lock block with the cylinder. For some folks that might be desirable for others that might be a problem. Especially if they are using a float function that would be incompatible with a lock block.
Dave

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I came up with a solution for about $50.

Threaded rod through the top link hole where the hanger was with two eyelet nuts on either side. The little toolbox mounting bolts on the light bar are going to get extended so I can add some eyelet nuts to them as well. Them I'm going to run a length of 1/4" chain or straps from the link eyelets to the light bar eyelets with some slack to accommodate full extension.

Thanks for the tip!

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . .
I need to come up with a solution to hang the top link so I don't have to remove it when it's not hooked up. Maybe some low grade chain wrapped around the factory link hook...
. . .
Brian (Fit Rite) provided this with his. Simple, effective - hose clamp, couple of chain links

1659824503228.png