Advice from experts on M4500DT : Rebuild or DIY or Sell

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
@007kubotaguy i am assuming you are referring to this pump and I presume I can only dump oil on top inlet on left coz the bottom inlet won't allow me to do anything against gravity
Yes. Remove the three bolts with 10 mm heads on top of the bigger pump of the two. If you follow the line you're removing it wraps around the back of the pump and goes to the suction filter. The lower line is the pressure line. Once you have the line removed dump some oil into the pump. What I would do is hold the fuel shut off knob out so the tractor doesn't start and bump the tractor over a few times to fill the pump keep pouring oil into the pump do this several times. Then reinstall the line. Be sure the O-ring is in place and in good condition.

sanjeevtyagi

Equipment
M4500DT
Mar 6, 2023
Oregon
Thanks a lot I tried , very difficult to reach when loader is on, when I removed it there was oil dripping from it , I triedy best to fill it up with UDT hydraulic oil, locked it back up but still the 3PT doesn't wanna raise , anything else I am missing , is it separate from loader function in m4500dt coz the loader works flawlessly. Can't figure out ,even disconnected the tiller and had no weight on it and still it doesn't wanna raise. I am not sure about repriming, is it really difficult coz maybe I didn't try too hard?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Thanks a lot I tried , very difficult to reach when loader is on, when I removed it there was oil dripping from it , I triedy best to fill it up with UDT hydraulic oil, locked it back up but still the 3PT doesn't wanna raise , anything else I am missing , is it separate from loader function in m4500dt coz the loader works flawlessly. Can't figure out ,even disconnected the tiller and had no weight on it and still it doesn't wanna raise. I am not sure about repriming, is it really difficult coz maybe I didn't try too hard?
Does your tractor have a front pump for the loader or is it running off the tractor hydraulics?

sanjeevtyagi

Equipment
M4500DT
Mar 6, 2023
Oregon
Does your tractor have a front pump for the loader or is it running off the tractor hydraulics?
It does have a front pump for the loader , so i think it wont matter as that pump takes its hydraulic fluid from another separate tank , which i also emptied and refilled but maybe it didnt lose its prime.

One more thing to note is that whenever i use the position control lever for 3PT , there is absolutely no sound of the hydraulics/fluids like when i move the front loader levers, so is this telltale sign of pump priming gone offset.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Does the WSM have a procedure to regain prime on the 3ph pump? It seems like the kind of thing it might cover.

sanjeevtyagi

Equipment
M4500DT
Mar 6, 2023
Oregon
Does the WSM have a procedure to regain prime on the 3ph pump? It seems like the kind of thing it might cover.
Not that i have seen maybe the other owners of M4500DT can confirm/correct me, but i haven't seen that procedure in WSM

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Not that i have seen maybe the other owners of M4500DT can confirm/correct me, but i haven't seen that procedure in WSM
Never seen anything in the WSM about priming. There may be a service bulletin about it perhaps, Whitetiger or 007Kubotaguy would probably know if there was.