Adding two LED lights to fenders to light when snowplowing, Question on installing

windsolar

Equipment
L3200, 48 hrs
Oct 28, 2015
West Chazy, NY
I removed the bolts holding the tool box, got 1 1/2 inch bolts and bolted on the two Blazer LED lights under the tool box pointing to the rear. Connected to the spare 12v connection under the left fender and installed a switch in the handle spot of the cup holder. Protected there. The lights only come on if the main lights on and the switch in the cup hilder on. works great! Chris

I got two Blazer CWL503 LED Round Work Light - Clear, 18 watts each. Purchased a switch (waterproof) a relay and fuse. Plan to install on rear fenders pointing backwards for when snow blowing. I looked under left rear fender and discovered an extra aux plug not used that is always hot (has white female connector). When at the Kubota dealer they stated it was fused and would easily handle the two lights. Thought I would get a second opinion here before I return the relay. Has anyone just connected to this wire? Unfused as it is fused to the rear running lights. Thanks, Chris

PS I read the thread on adding light bars to the top of the ROPS but that is a lot more light than I am connecting

Last edited:

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
On my L3901 the plug is there to hook the factory work light to. Mine is only hot when switch is on. I hooked my rear lights to it (two 18w led lights)with a switch and it works fine ,It is fused with a 5 amp fuse. 36 watts will only pull about 3 amps so it's plenty for them.

windsolar

Equipment
L3200, 48 hrs
Oct 28, 2015
West Chazy, NY
Thanks, I might have been wrong on the always on. Chris

On my L3901 the plug is there to hook the factory work light to. Mine is only hot when switch is on. I hooked my rear lights to it (two 18w led lights)with a switch and it works fine ,It is fused with a 5 amp fuse. 36 watts will only pull about 3 amps so it's plenty for them.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
The schematic for my B6200 says I have an auxiliary plug too, but I don't know where to find it. :confused:

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
I don't know where yours is located but ours is taped to the wiring harness to the lights under the left hand rear fender.Had a single white connector on it.