Adding SSQA pick up points to 60" MMM deck, dead end

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I did some looking around today. I was hoping to weld on angles to grab the loader SSQA pickups. This would help move the mower deck around without having to use pallet forks every time.

sort of like this...

The good news is, where the SSQA falls out, there is tons of room...

However, when oriented like this:

The ssqa frame will hit the mower input shaft, or if you scoot up, hit gearbox itself. So the weight of the mower deck will end up on one of these two parts. I don't think it would be ok to have all that weight pushing on the gear box. Possibly a piece of wood with a notch to grab the cross piece, and the other end for the mower deck to lean against. The piece would be long enough to space it out from the gear box and shaft; possible conflict with belt, spring, or center pulley

How about the other side?

physics, and gravity, that's not gonna work. Unless i made something to attach the cross bar to the front anti scalp wheel bracket. tricky and I don't think would be very stable.

essentially, all my dreams were dashed. :(

Last edited:

Greg8352

Equipment
L245dt
Feb 6, 2020
Covington Ohio
You are better off then myself . I am still wishing the ssqa had been invented when my L245DT was made. Have bobcat 743 and attments,but no dual usage. Keep working someone has figured this out.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Go simple...weld two grab hooks on the deck and just use a chain.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Cliff that is a great, simple idea, i think there is enough room there for small grab hooks.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Slings, chokers, chains or whatever is handy. This was how the L3200 handled its 6' deck. Grabbing it like this allowed me to tuck it under a shelf in the shed for Winter storage. Picking it by the two front wheels made it easy to lean against a tree for serious cleaning/recoating the underside.

Deck Up Small.JPG