Adding SCV/3rd Function to L2501

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Trying to add a 3rd function kit to my L2501 HST, I'd also like to add 1 or 2 rear remotes (SCV). I'm having a terribly difficult time figuring out which to add first, and if I can even add them both. If I can only do one I'm looking into the Summit Hydraulics 3rd f(x) kit. Any reason to stick with Land Pride?

Anyone with ideas?

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
You should be able to have both though you may not be able to use them together at the same time. What are your intended uses for them? Some of my first implements were a snow plow and a grapple so the 3rd function was the obvious choice for me. If you plan on doing a lot of box blading, 2 rear remotes and a top and tilt kit may be a better choice for you. If you already have the tractor, I would let your work determine what you need rather than adding the extra hydraulics then finding something to do with them.

Last edited:

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Immediate use: Grapple.
Ok so hydraulics up front is your priority. I would get a diverter valve for the curl function rather than a true 3rd function up front. Then you can use your power beyond connections for your rear remotes if you ever decide to get them.

Last edited:

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Great thoughts, thanks.
Let me clarify: I don't mean using both at the same time.
I just want to be sure when I run Hoses for the 3rd f(x), I won't have to replace those hoses if I want to add a rear remote.

I just can't seem to find a clear explanation of how to do this, and what I would need to do so.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Great thoughts, thanks.
Let me clarify: I don't mean using both at the same time.
I just want to be sure when I run Hoses for the 3rd f(x), I won't have to replace those hoses if I want to add a rear remote.

I just can't seem to find a clear explanation of how to do this, and what I would need to do so.
The diverter is definitely your best bet then. Your two hoses for the curl function will go into a electro-hydraulic block with 4 additional connections on it. 2 of them will go to the curl cylinders and 2 of them will go to your grapple. When you press the buttons on your joystick, the valve is electronically actuated and sends the fluid to your grapple while the flow to the curl function is shut off. When you release the button, the flow returns to the curl function. By doing this, no changes will be required up front if you choose to add rear remotes down the road as they will use the available power beyond connections. Here is a good explanation from Summit's website.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
It appears that you may be able to use the power beyond port on the loader valve for a 3rd function up front also. I dont have an L series so I don't know how that ties into the power beyond at the pump but that may be another option. Here is a link to someone installing a 3rd function using the power beyond port on the loader valve.

Last edited: