Adding Rear Hydraulics

bam43431

Equipment
2011 Kubota L3200
Jan 25, 2021
NW Ohio
I have a 2011 L3200 HST. Already added a third function kit for front. Question is is there an all-inclusive kit to add hydraulics to the rear?

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I'm just about to have my local Kubota dealer add a first set of rear remotes to a 2011 L3200 HST that I own, it is my only tractor that I don't have rear remotes on. I don't have the part numbers or kit info but I will tell you that my estimate for parts and labor is $1,150 for the first set, second set is quite a bit cheaper but I'm just having one set fitted. I wish I would have had it done some years ago, it is expensive but so useful.

I need to take it in maybe next week, if I can get the kit info I will pass it on.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I'm just about to have my local Kubota dealer add a first set of rear remotes to a 2011 L3200 HST that I own, it is my only tractor that I don't have rear remotes on. I don't have the part numbers or kit info but I will tell you that my estimate for parts and labor is $1,150 for the first set, second set is quite a bit cheaper but I'm just having one set fitted. I wish I would have had it done some years ago, it is expensive but so useful.

I need to take it in maybe next week, if I can get the kit info I will pass it on.
Is a set, one remote function, or two? If two that might not be too bad when paying someone to do the install.

Years ago, I installed four remotes on my B2910. Did it myself. Bought the parts and so on. Still cost around $950 at that time(for 4 functions), if I remember correctly. BUT it was a lot of thinking, planning and understanding. To date, I have never needed more than three functions...

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Is a set, one remote function, or two? If two that might not be too bad when paying someone to do the install.

Years ago, I installed four remotes on my B2910. Did it myself. Bought the parts and so on. Still cost around $950 at that time(for 4 functions), if I remember correctly. BUT it was a lot of thinking, planning and understanding. To date, I have never needed more than three functions...
A set of two rear remotes is one function, at least in my definition.

The labor element of my quote is $160 so the parts are $990. I believe you can have up to 3 sets of rear remotes on most compact Kubota tractors. The second and third sets are cheaper for the parts typically.

Rear remotes can be increased with electric controls and different valve setups.

I use 2 sets of rear remotes on my other tractors but often wish I had 3 sets, rear hydraulics are not a cheap investment but they are so useful and required.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Andy at Tractor Innovations solved my rear hyd remotes for me. I use it primarily for a hyd toplink but the price is great and the installation is pure do-it-yourself simplicity. Here’s his website:https://www.tractorinnovations.com/

Here’s a video:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a 2011 L3200 HST. Already added a third function kit for front. Question is is there an all-inclusive kit to add hydraulics to the rear?
You need to think about the possible special features for any additional rear remote before ordering or buying them.

Do you want it to have a FLOAT position? Do you want a DETENT so you can push or pull the control lever and the flow continues to the cylinder until it reaches the end of its stroke and pressure spikes kicking the control back to the neutral position or no detents at all. There may be other possibilities but I cannot think of them.

Did you add a Kubota Third Function? Loader installation instructions are an excellent source for information about tying into hydraulic systems on a particular tractor.

Dave

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
A set of two rear remotes is one function, at least in my definition.

The labor element of my quote is $160 so the parts are $990. I believe you can have up to 3 sets of rear remotes on most compact Kubota tractors. The second and third sets are cheaper for the parts typically.

Rear remotes can be increased with electric controls and different valve setups.

I use 2 sets of rear remotes on my other tractors but often wish I had 3 sets, rear hydraulics are not a cheap investment but they are so useful and required.
$1,150 (plus sales tax on top?) for one control function (1 control lever controlling one cylinder) sure would have me considering doing it myself. BUT DIY is not for everyone.

Edit: I found that using control valves with built in pilot operated check valves is highly desirable. Locks the cylinder in place, so leak down is not an issue. Float is also handy, and I have it in one valve section and use it all the time. But there will be cylinder leak down, because check valves and float function was not compatable in the same valve section.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Thanks for input and comments above. I liked GeoHorn's video and solution but unfortunately my L3200 does not have a loader or loader valve. I'm pretty handy but just like the OP I am a little lost without the correct kit and some installation instructions on adding rear remotes. Dealer did a really nice tidy job on my L3901 and MX5800 which has rear remotes fitted when I purchased them new.

In answer to Dave-Eng's question, I tell the dealer what I want the remote to do, they supply the correct valve type. In this case to run a hydraulic cylinder in a simple operation such as top link, tilt trailer, snow blower auger rotate or angle rear blade.

It would be great for us tractor owners / users if rear remotes came in simple modular kits, maybe they do and the OP and I just don't know that. I'd love to add a second set of remotes to the first valve that the dealer will install.
For my L3200 the dealer quoted me just the parts for a second remote as:
2nd Kit & lever $350
2nd Hydraulic valve $370

For my MX5800 the parts only pricing to add a second rear remote is:
2nd lever kit MX8452 - $275
2nd Valve - $325

MX 5800 rear remote parts are cheaper than L3200 rear remote parts.
I'm interested if anyone has these part numbers and alternative prices

Last edited:

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
I’m in the same boat as you. I added a Summit Hydraulics 3rd Function valve myself after a couple years and now want to add remotes. I had to deviate from the original instructions that came with the Summit kit in order to account for my BH77 backhoe, but everything is working great with that configuration.

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
when adding the valve assembly as shown in post #5 as I understand it one must disable the FEL in order to activate the rear hydraulic pressure/return- am I correct. However, if one uses the Kubota factory addon is this true also?

Thanks. Oldstuff

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
when adding the valve assembly as shown in post #5 as I understand it one must disable the FEL in order to activate the rear hydraulic pressure/return- am I correct.
Yes - I am not a fan of that "solution".
However, if one uses the Kubota factory addon is this true also?
No. - with the OEM remotes you get simultaneous use of the loader and remotes.

Its also possible to add your own valve for less than the price of the Tractor Innovations kit and get the same functionality as the Kubota valves. Here is a single spool valve I put on my loader - probably less than $400 for everything needed.

Dan

20210912_190954[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user