Adding Loader hydraulics ( wet lines ) to a BX tractor that didn't come from the factory with them.

Jim Kessler

Equipment
BX 2230 and BX2370
Jun 21, 2021
I specifically have a BX2230 and access to a LA211 Loader which has the loader control valves attached to the loader so all I need to do is get wet hydraulic lines to the loader. I know that some BX 2230s did come with wet lines I just don't know if they can be added in the field. If anyone has experience adding wet hydraulic lines to a BX give me some guidance here.

Outdrz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, 525 Loader, 2060 Cutter, EA Toothbar, EA Box Blade, JD Disc and more
Feb 20, 2021
Ohio
Hi Jim - I had the dealer install the hydraulics for my loader - so I cant comment on the process for a BX.

We did add a 3rd function and rear remotes to my 3901 in the field, so I'm nearly certain it can be done. Just need the correct hoses/fittings and an understanding of where to connect things.

Tho I'm not answering your real question - I did notice that you're kinda new here and just wanted to say hello and welcome. I'm sure someone with some BX wrenching experience will be along shortly....

Jim Kessler

Equipment
BX 2230 and BX2370
Jun 21, 2021
Hi Jim - I had the dealer install the hydraulics for my loader - so I cant comment on the process for a BX.

We did add a 3rd function and rear remotes to my 3901 in the field, so I'm nearly certain it can be done. Just need the correct hoses/fittings and an understanding of where to connect things.

Tho I'm not answering your real question - I did notice that you're kinda new here and just wanted to say hello and welcome. I'm sure someone with some BX wrenching experience will be along shortly....
Hey Thank you, I am new to this BX model, I have had larger LX models in the past and was able to have my dealer do these jobs for me. I am in a situation where if I want a loader I am going to have to figure how to do it on my own. I am not intimidated by the project I just want to make sure it can be done and have the right parts to make it happen. I will definitely report back to the forum on my progress and hopefully success. Thank you for your response.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I have a BX2230 with an LA211, and I also have the parts manual for the LA211. In the parts diagrams, there are three lines that come off the hydraulic control valve on the left side of the trans case. They a labeled tank, pump and return, If your BX never had an FEL, you would have to add a block to the control valve that routes the hydraulic oil to the loader valve via the pump line and back to the control valve via the return line, and the tank line.
If you would like, I can send you a PM with the manual pdf attached.
The parts are different depending on the serial number of your tractor.
Here are the pages from the parts manual with diagrams and parts listings.

Hope this helps.

LA211 Hydraulic Lines #1.jpg LA211 Hydraulic Lines #2.jpg LA211 Hydraulic Lines #3.jpg LA211 Hydraulic Lines #4.jpg

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I think that your best bet would be to start with the Messick's parts catalog. Under the LA211 there is a B03501 Hydraulic Block and B03502 Hydraulic Block that appear to have all the required parts and routing. Sorry, I can not help beyond this. He beat me to it with better info. :ROFLMAO:

Jim Kessler

Equipment
BX 2230 and BX2370
Jun 21, 2021
I have a BX2230 with an LA211, and I also have the parts manual for the LA211. In the parts diagrams, there are three lines that come off the hydraulic control valve on the left side of the trans case. They a labeled tank, pump and return, If your BX never had an FEL, you would have to add a block to the control valve that routes the hydraulic oil to the loader valve via the pump line and back to the control valve via the return line, and the tank line.
If you would like, I can send you a PM with the manual pdf attached.
The parts are different depending on the serial number of your tractor.
Here are the pages from the parts manual with diagrams and parts listings.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 62068 View attachment 62069 View attachment 62070 View attachment 62071
This is a very much appreciated response. in confirms for me that the upgrade is possible. If you would PM the manual PDF to me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Thank you!

Jim Kessler

Equipment
BX 2230 and BX2370
Jun 21, 2021
I think that your best bet would be to start with the Messick's parts catalog. Under the LA211 there is a B03501 Hydraulic Block and B03502 Hydraulic Block that appear to have all the required parts and routing. Sorry, I can not help beyond this. He beat me to it with better info. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you with the response, it has confirmed I can do the upgrade.

Jim Kessler

Equipment
BX 2230 and BX2370
Jun 21, 2021
This is a very much appreciated response. in confirms for me that the upgrade is possible. If you would PM the manual PDF to me that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Thank you!
I have done some additional work and have been able to capture the images of the manual so sending those via a PDF is not required. Thank you again for your help!

JeremyBX2200

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 3, 2020
Indiana
This where I go for diagrams and part numbers. I have a BX2200 with a FEL, but I forget which model. I have 3 hydraulic lines coming off of it that hook to the 3 on my tractor.