Adding hydraulic port

Ljordan

Equipment
L-2850
Oct 13, 2016
Amsterdam, NY
Want to add a single port to be used at the back of my L2580 to raise a towed implement. Implement has single action cylinder, gravity return. Thinking to tap into 3 point hitch hydraulics so I can use the same lever. With my implement plugged into the new port, 3 point hitch and implement cylinder should operate together. Will this work? Anyone have a better idea?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Not very easily done.
2 problems with your Idea:
The three point lift valve is not readily accessible to be able to directly tap into it
Second and more importantly the three point on that model uses feedback control, so as the three point arms lift and reach the top, the flow of fluid is cut off, wouldn't work very well for powering another cylinder. :rolleyes:

Just install a remote valve to do the job, cheaper and easier! ;)

JFK52

Equipment
L345DT
Mar 3, 2016
Rio, WI USA
I have a L345 DT 4x4. I added a single rear hydraulic port. It was done at my local ag shop. They tapped the feed and return lines into the large hydraulic reservoir on the right side of the tractor. A single throw switch was located in the cab of my tractor. It cost about $500 for this conversion, but it was done right and works great. I think the cost was equally split between the shop labor rate and the parts needed for the job. The hydraulic hoses had to be custom made for size and routed through the lever. It was about 23 years ago that I had this done, so my memory is fuzzy. Not a job I would have attempted myself, as it required expert knowledge, the right tools and the ability to fabricate hydraulic hoses with the appropriate end fittings in the shop.