Adding Hydraulic Fluid

Clt1bkc

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 Rops
Jun 27, 2020
Tigerville, SC
Curious on how often you would need to add hydraulic fluid between hydraulic fluid changes. I know about the window that shows how full. Based on the appearance of that window when do you normally add some? New tractor owner and have 13 hours on it. It appears I can’t see fluid in that window. I did have a some leak out when I was trying to attach my grapple but it seems that would have been enough to drop level outside window. What do you think?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Often the small amount of fluid is enough to empty the window. If you go by a John Deere dealer they have a red die to stain the hydraulic oil so it is easier to see the level in the window. Also make sure the fel is on the ground and the tractor is level. Check every day you use it.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Myself, I use Chevron THC in both mine, it's Kubota approved and it's already orange... Go figure.

I'm always loosing juice out of the rear disconnects. I replaced all 4 of mine with Pioneer 'Release and connect under pressure' fittings, so they pee a bit when released.

Keeps the back end lubricated....