Adding Frame Mt BH. How to add Hydraulics ?

MDCobraMan

Equipment
Kubota L3430 Grand Open ROPS, L3430 Grand Cab, F2400
Jun 8, 2021
Yes but I am cheap and would not spend that much money for that valve. Here is a solenoid switched valve for half that price - you would also need a $2 toggle switch and some wire:

HSV6 Diverter

Still very special purpose and I would go this more general route:

Summit P40

Order it with the 2 position detent option and a power beyond sleeve and two quick couplers for the ports. Plumb it into the tractor hydraulics by daisy chaining off the loader valve as discussed earlier. That gives you a place to hook up your backhoe - just plug the hoe in to the work ports on the remote and shift the spool to supply oil to the hoe from one work port and the return work port going straight to the tank. It also gives you DA remotes for a cylinder when the hoe is not mounted.

And there is no need to stop at one spool - the incremental cost for two or three spools is quite small...., :rolleyes:

Dan
Hey Dan,
I'm actually in the next county over from you, in Carroll County, MD. I used to hang out in Fredrick when my wife and I were dating. She was at Hood Collage. Back when FredRock was a small little town in the country.
So looking at all these options and trying to filter out the wants and needs factored by the dollar and install details is a real good time. Since my hoe controls only have two hoses I guess that would be the P and T ports. So is it feasible to Tee off the PB port of the block under the foot board and run a line to the QD then run the T line from the Hoe to the #140 fitting as shown in the above diagram? Or install a diverter or selecting valve plumed from the PB into the P port and switch between the loader controller and the backhoe Manual Hydraulic Selector Valve, 3-Way, 2 Position, 21 GPM, #8 SAE Ports (summit-hydraulics.com) . With these proposals is there a need to loop the connections when the hoe is not connected? With only the two lines on the hoe I'm trying to wrap my mind around the need to run the P in a series design.
In the near future I will be adding an offset flail mower and was thinking of adding the plumbing out back to control the unit but thought I would simply drop the loader off which makes it easier to maneuver and hook into the loader joy stick QD's. Your idea about the rear remotes is enticing:). Just need to keep it simple and near budget.
Wayne

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
From how your describing, that pb from the loader valve to aluminum block is more than likely feeding the 3 point. So you need to go pb from loader to p in backhoe, then connect return (t) of backhoe to the aluminum block to feed three point. The loop must be maintained when not in use. The backhoe should have open center valves making it a pass through when not using the valves.

"I am the one who suggested the tank port. This was under the assumption the PB from the loader valve was not currently in use. "

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey Dan,
I'm actually in the next county over from you, in Carroll County, MD. I used to hang out in Fredrick when my wife and I were dating. She was at Hood Collage. Back when FredRock was a small little town in the country.
So looking at all these options and trying to filter out the wants and needs factored by the dollar and install details is a real good time. Since my hoe controls only have two hoses I guess that would be the P and T ports. So is it feasible to Tee off the PB port of the block under the foot board and run a line to the QD then run the T line from the Hoe to the #140 fitting as shown in the above diagram? Or install a diverter or selecting valve plumed from the PB into the P port and switch between the loader controller and the backhoe Manual Hydraulic Selector Valve, 3-Way, 2 Position, 21 GPM, #8 SAE Ports (summit-hydraulics.com) . With these proposals is there a need to loop the connections when the hoe is not connected? With only the two lines on the hoe I'm trying to wrap my mind around the need to run the P in a series design.
In the near future I will be adding an offset flail mower and was thinking of adding the plumbing out back to control the unit but thought I would simply drop the loader off which makes it easier to maneuver and hook into the loader joy stick QD's. Your idea about the rear remotes is enticing:). Just need to keep it simple and near budget.
Wayne
Hi Wayne,

To be technical tees in the pressure side of open center hydraulic systems don't work. A 3 way selector is not a tee in the true sense - it is a diverter valve. You can certainly use a selector valve and it's almost surely the cheapest way to get something that works and doesn't break any of the hydraulic rules of the road. I would suggest putting the selector on the PB port of your loader valve, and use it to switch flow between the hoe and the return port on the manifold. The hoe won't work when the 3pt is selected and the 3pt won't work when the hoe is selected. but it is cheap and simple.

All that said I have a small machine shop and I design, make, and sell custom hydraulic systems for tractors - mainly old Fords. But I just bought a new L3901 and I am working on some things for it so I started hanging out here. I can make custom hydraulic hoses and machined parts and I have a good stock of hose, hose ends, and adapters. I also have your 3 way selector valve and I work cheap - free for friends ;-) In other words if you want some help I can provide you with lots of free advice (may not be real valuable) and everything you need at a cost you will be hard pressed to beat. I also have a selection of 1, 2, and 3 spool control valves in a variety of configurations. You can stop by the shop and talk things over if you want and I can walk you through the options. Or if you prefer and its not too far I can stop by your place and look over what you have and make some suggestions based on that. Its probably time to take this offline and move to PM..

Dan