Adding/checking B7510 hydraulic fluid

mwilliams6275

Equipment
Kubota B7510, LA272
May 25, 2012
Wimberley, TX
I bought a B7510 with an LA272 used a year ago. I also got a Woods rear mower. I've been using it primarily to mow around my property. Recently I was using the loader to move some dirt piles around, and had problem with one of the pistons on the loader. What caught my eye was fluid spraying out of the piston towards the bucket.

I took the piston into a local shop to be repaired, and picked it up today. I put the piston back onto the loader, and have reconnected it, but am concerned that I need to add hydraulic fluid.

I know this may sound stupid, but, where does the fluid go? And what type of fluid should I buy? Pics would be very helpful.

Last edited:

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
I bought a B7510 with an LA272 used a year ago. I also got a Woods rear mower. I've been using it primarily to mow around my property. Recently I was using the loader to move some dirt piles around, and had problem with one of the pistons on the loader. What caught my eye was fluid spraying out of the piston towards the bucket.

I took the piston into a local shop to be repaired, and picked it up today. I put the piston back onto the loader, and have reconnected it, but am concerned that I need to add hydraulic fluid.

I know this may sound stupid, but, where does the fluid go? And what type of fluid should I buy? Pics would be very helpful.
mwilliams6275 - I'm don't know about your B7510, but my B7500 (forerunner to the B7510) has a transmission fluid level dipstick located in front of the seat above and near the reverse direction foot pedal. The dipstick is a rather short yellow plastic stick with acceptable operating level between the two raised rings at the bottom. My dipstick seems to break a vacuum when I remove it, so I do not trust the reading from the first pull. I pull the dipstick, wipe it dry, insert it back into the hole, remove it again and read the level. Also, clean fluid is extremely hard to see on the dipstick. I hold the dipstick against a paper towel to see where the wet area is.

The transmission inlet is located on top of the transmission, behind the toolbox and in front of the top link connection point. The inlet cap presses in and can be removed by hand. Clean the area around the inlet before pulling to keep debris and gunk out of the transmission.

I have used Kubota Super UDT Fluid, as recommended by Kubota, in my B7500 since it was new in 2003. Kubota has introduced a Super UDT II since my last fluid change ( every 300 hours), with which I have no experience.

Best wishes with your new tractor!