Adding a cutting edge to front bucket

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Fresh out of auto tech school and working at a family auto shop. Husband and wife were fighting on/off for weeks finally, Hans(the owner) sent his wife to the parts store(44 miles away) to get a water pump for 1966 VW Beetle I was working on. The NAPA store she went to told her they just sold the last one, but, the Napa store that was a further 48 miles away had one. She was gone the whole day and still pissed the next day. I had nothing to do with that prank, but, she was pissed at me.... Took about a month before she would even talk to me. For those who don't get it VW Beetle was air cooled(no water pump).

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Since we have a topic drift, I will chime in with one of my favorite new guy training pranks.
The new guy had his work station next to the dust collector. There was a foot pedal to shake the internal bags before starting. We asked him to fire up the dust collector each morning by getting that pedal up on the compression stroke and really laying into it. After a few loud ka-blams the thing came to life. This went on for a couple of weeks before the boss put an end to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'll continue the drift. Been enjoying the stories.

As a youngster, I was in the restaurant business in the Kitchen.

Some of the "pranks" I pulled would probably get you misdemeanor charges now-a-days, so I'll leave it there..... ;)

One of my favorites that I think I can describe is my night dishwashers started work at 3pm.

About 2:50pm, I'd give the ceiling right over where the dishwasher stood a shot with the spray hose.

Then, I'd take a gob of mashed potatoes about size of a big softball.....2-3 pounds......

Toss it up to that wet spot so the ball of taters stuck......

Then I'd go to my service line and wait for falling taters.....Had a great vantage point.

Goal was to get them right on top of the head.

Never happened, but got some shoulders, arms, etc. Almost always scared the bejeepers out of them....😨😱

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
For one of the GM recalls for the seatbelt pretensioner I made a receiver hitch adapter that I would bolt the seatbelt pretensioner to the hitch and it wired to the reverse circuit of the truck plug in. First time the other employee would use reverse it would go off like a 12 gauge. Service managers don't have a sense of humor.....

• Haha

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
1684891324966.png
Another one was to fill the cheetah tank with a 5 pound bag of flour. Than wait for someone to use it to set the bead of a tire.

• Haha