Added Subwoofer

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
After spending an hour in the cab listening to 1930's era speakers I decided to look for a bass cannon, but they were too big, not what I had in mind. There are some small computer subwoofers that sound great, but would not work well for this. I did find something that was small enough to fit on the back wall of the cab. So got that, a wiring kit and a line converter. Cost $160.

Install took me a couple days, two days planning, and 3 hours to actually install it. I first created harnesses for the 12v+ from the battery, and the line out cables with remote wire. I wrapped them in tubing, with taped ends to protect against abrasion, and to look like they belong. Then ran the cable up from the battery to a 30 amp fuse, then back down and around to the cab, and fed it up through an opening with 2 other cables, up over the fender, then down to behind the seat. Then popped the top off and ran the line outs from the radio, down the right pillar with the light switches, and down with the other cables to the back.

Since the mounts were not tall enough to clear the bolts for the SMV bracket I made a platform out of plywood to attach it to and drilled holes to clear the bolts. Mounted it with screws and T-nuts, painting the screws to match the back of the cab.

IMG_7552.JPG

Attachments

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
That’s awesome!

Mike

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Does you tractor have that really annoying vibration like those people's cars with the spokey wheels and thin tires?

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
If you mean trunk rattle, yeah, the tool box in the back rattles a bit, but a piece of carpet in the bottom will fix that. It only does that because it is directly connected to that back plate where the sub is mounted. Othere than that, it just sounds like a normal car stereo, and no longer like 1930's radio. 100% improvement, and not that expensive considering I paid $30 for the head unit! All in I thing I have $200 with the wiring, radio, and sub, and it does exactly what I want, defeat the boredom when out in the field. I even have a phone cradle attached to the right hand door that charges my iphone.