Add 2nd rear remote or current one have float?

tsmithco

Equipment
L5740
Mar 7, 2024
OH
Self canceling detent has a pressure kickout and will automagically return to center as soon as the line pressure gets to the kickout point. Not sure that will do what you want.

Dan
I’m fairly sure that the point. Continuous flow but if it deadheads because something went wrong on the spreader, it self cancels.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m fairly sure that the point. Continuous flow but if it deadheads because something went wrong on the spreader, it self cancels.
Its meant for xylinders and designed to cancel when the cylinder hits end of travel. You are running a motor that might easily trip the detent during normal operation.

I would be looking for an alternative.

Dan

tsmithco

Equipment
L5740
Mar 7, 2024
OH
I am relatively certain that Kubota has no valve for this application for any of their tractors under 111 HP.
Seems that way from my searching. Welp, looks like I’ll need to spent about 2 min and use a bungie cord to hold it forward 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I am relatively certain that Kubota has no valve for this application for any of their tractors under 111 HP.
I'm always learning something new on this forum. So the valves that would work for @tsmithco and his manure spreader application would have flow control? An option for the M6 is M7629 which is described as a "deluxe valve with built-in flow control".

It does look like valves with flow control are available as an option on the M4D-071 and M5-091, but they're not listed as "deluxe valves". Kubota offers both flow control with SCD, and just flow control options for those tractors.

Flow control valves aren't an option from Kubota for my M6060 or the M7060 ... thank goodness or else I'd probably end up with an implement that needed such a valve. 😅

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I'm always learning something new on this forum. So the valves that would work for @tsmithco and his manure spreader application would have flow control? An option for the M6 is M7629 which is described as a "deluxe valve with built-in flow control".

It does look like valves with flow control are available as an option on the M4D-071 and M5-091, but they're not listed as "deluxe valves". Kubota offers both flow control with SCD, and just flow control options for those tractors.
Flow control typically means you can vary the rate of flow (GPM/LPM) going to the work port. It is a "faucet" like control feature not a detent. Often implented as a knob on the valve.

For his application he would want a valve with locking (as opposed to self canceling) detent.

Or he could simply add a third function type solenoid valve and maintained switch to run the motor.

Dan

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Flow control typically means you can vary the rate of flow (GPM/LPM) going to the work port. It is a "faucet" handle not a detent. Often implented as a knob on the valve.

For his application he would want a valve with locking (as opposed to self canceling) detent.

Or he could simply add a third function type solenoid valve and maintained switch to run the motor.

Dan
Dan,
Thanks for the explanation. Is there any obvious reason why locking detent valves aren't offered by Kubota for many models?

I was thrown a bit by the one-way (single acting) cylinders on the folding cutter I ordered. Every implement I have with hydraulics needs a return since they all use double-acting cylinders, but the RC3712 has two lines with no return. Kind of like blowing up a balloon and not tying a knot. If you stop blowing and don't pinch off the inlet, the elastic energy stored in the rubber forces the air out.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,
Thanks for the explanation. Is there any obvious reason why locking detent valves aren't offered by Kubota for many models?

I was thrown a bit by the one-way cylinders on the folding cutter I ordered. Every implement I have with hydraulics needs a return but the RC3712 has two lines with no return. Kind of like blowing up a balloon.
Lockingvl detents are offered on some Kubiota models. Probably based on what the OEM makimg the valve has to offer. In general detents are a pretty common feature:

Locking detent conversion kits are often provided for valves. You just swap the spring center mechanism out for the locking mechanism. I have a couple locking detent kits for Prince Wolverine valves on the shelf here as we speak.

The solenoid valve I mentioned would not require a tank return. Just use a balve like you get in most 3rd function kits. Plumb it into the power beyond from the loader valve and wire in a maintained 12v switch to operate it and you are good to go. Spreader off/on is controlled with a flip of the switch.

Dan

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,

I was thrown a bit by the one-way (single acting) cylinders on the folding cutter I ordered. Every implement I have with hydraulics needs a return since they all use double-acting cylinders, but the RC3712 has two lines with no return. Kind of like blowing up a balloon and not tying a knot. If you stop blowing and don't pinch off the inlet, the elastic energy stored in the rubber forces the air out.
I misunderstood your reference to return lines on the cutter. One of the hazards of late night sleepless responses posted from bed :confused:

I downloaded the owner's maual for your cutter and thr hydraulic hookup is not at all clear to me. Do I have this correct:

The cutter has 3 single acting cylinders. The wings have one each and operate in tandem off a single valve. The third is on the deck and operates independent of the wings using a second valve.

That part is pretty clear. But then the manual says you need " two duplex outlets" for the mower. Presumably one set controls the wings and the other set controls the deck.

However if you only connect one outlet of each duplex set to the single acting cylinders on the mower you will deadhead tje pump against the unused outlet everytime you lower the mower. That causes the pump to unload at full sytem pressure via the main system relief valve for the duration of the operation. Not a recomended practice IMO.

I tell my customers with SA applicationns to connect the unused outlet to tank to avoid the over pressure condition. Some older tractors and newer big AG machines have valves that can be switched to SA via an internal bypass circuit to make that easier.

Dan

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I downloaded the owner's maual fir your cutter and hydraulic hookup is not at all clear to me. Do I have this correct:

The cutter has 3 single acting cylinders. The wings have one each and operate in tandem off a single valve. The third is on the deck and operates independent of the wings using a second valve.

That part is pretty clear. But then the manual says you need " two duplex outlets" for the mower. Prrsumably one set controls the wings and the other controls the deck.

However if you only connect one outlet of each duplex set to the single acting cylinders on the mower you will deadhead tje pump against the unused outlet everytime you lower the mower. That causes the pump to unload at full sytem ptessure via the main system relief valve. Not a recomended practice IMO.

I tell my customers with SA applicationns to connect the unused outlet to tank to avoid the over pressure condition. Some big AG machines have valves that can be switched to SA via an internal bypass circuit to make that easier.

Dan
Dan, your description of the cylinders and hydraulic connections on the RC3712 are correct as far as I'm aware. Three single acting cylinders which includes two connected for the folding wings ideally connected to a FD valve, and one for height adjustment where the cutting height is set (limited) with spacers once the pressure in the cylinder is released.

I had wondered about the deadheading issue but no one seems to talk about it. Land Pride, Kubota, the local dealer and YouTube videos showing the cutter and similar cutters in use don't mention it. I'm still in the dark a little about this and will have to gain a better understanding of the hydraulic circuits on my tractors before I do any work with the cutter.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan, your description of the cylinders and hydraulic connections on the RC3712 are correct as far as I'm aware. Three single acting cylinders which includes two connected for the folding wings ideally connected to a FD valve, and one for height adjustment where the cutting height is set (limited) with spacers once the pressure in the cylinder is released.

I had wondered about the deadheading issue but no one seems to talk about it. Land Pride, Kubota, the local dealer and YouTube videos showing the cutter and similar cutters in use don't mention it. I'm still in the dark a little about this and will have to gain a better understanding of the hydraulic circuits on my tractors before I do any work with the cutter.
Float is useful becsuse it allows the wings to follow ground contours when lowered.

if you use the float position to lower the deck and/or wings you avoid the overpressure condition while the lowering operation is in progress but at the loss of control over lowering speed. Think about doing that with a loader bucket full of material.

Ideally you would like real SA valves and that can be simulated by connecting both of the "unused" outlets to tank.

Dan

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Float is useful becsuse it allows the wings to follow ground contours when lowered.

if you use the float position to lower the deck and/or wings you avoid the overpressure condition while the lowering operation is in progress but at the loss of control over lowering speed. Think about doing that with a loader bucket full of material.

Ideally you would like real SA valves and that can be simulated by connecting both of the "unused" outlets to tank.

Dan
What if I connected the inlet and outlet of one of the spare FD valves with a hose that had a couple of T-fittings on it. Then run hoses from the T-fittings to the unused inlets of the valves used for the cutter. With the FD valve in float mode there'd be no pressure in the line and oil could return to the tank. Would this make any sense?

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
What if I connected the inlet and outlet of one of the spare FD valves with a hose that had a couple of T-fittings on it. Then run hoses from the T-fittings to the outlets of the valves used for the cutter. With the FD valve in float mode there'd be no pressure in the line and oil could return to the tank. Would this make any sense?
I had not considered using a third valve for the dump connection but that works. Put the third valve in float and comnect one of the oitlets to a hose with tees going to the unused outlets on the other two valves. Or use both float outlets and two jumper hoses.

That opens up the possibilty of accidentally back feeding thr cutter oitlets and another deadhead scenario.

Dan