ac unit thermostat

ibentaken

Feb 10, 2010
desoto kansas
I need to change the thermostat control in a m 9000 I removed the top but it looks like I neeto remove the whole evaporator unit to just change the thermostat. Has anyone done this. Any suggestions.

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
i have an m9000 dtc and a wsm for it. do you mean the expansion valve or the heat/ac thermostat on the overhead panel inside the cab?.....al

ibentaken

Feb 10, 2010
desoto kansas
The heat/ac thermost inside the cab. I need to change the thermostat that has the cap tube hooked to it under the roof in the evaporator. Not the selcetor in the cab but what it is hooked to under the roof. They call it the thermostat in the parts.

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
you will need to know if you have an early or late m9000. mine is the late (2006) and doesn't look just the same as what is pictured in the WSM.

appears from pictures in the book that the early evap. housing was a light color and mine, later type, is black. HOWEVER procedure looks to be about the same.

remove cab top, remove a/c coolant lines, heater hose, wire plugs as required and remove the top half of the evap. housing thereby exposing cap. tube and evap. core. route the new cap tube with switch as before and put it back together.

mine needs a new thermostat also. i wired around my switch with a single pole toggle switch. with the switch in the on position it will make the system "think" the thermostat is calling for the compressor to engage. i leave it in the on position until the air volume starts to reduce (freezing up) at this point i turn the switch to off until the air volume goes back to normal (about 3--5 min) and repeat the process all day if needed.

i would repair mine like i should if i weren't so lazy. i just don't want to discharge the freon (134a) and the heater hose...hope this helps some.

if you have more questions it might be better to pm me after you post so i will be sure to see it in a more timely manor.......al