AC belt tension adjuster parts

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I know, "why do I want my AC now; isn't it cold enough?", and that is true but the AC also helps defrost a cold fogged cab in winter. So anyway, since I had removed the old belt when I installed a new alt belt last month and not replaced it, Idecided to put in a new one today,.
I got one from the dealer and installed it around the pulleys.
When I went to adjust the tension, I discovered that the adjuster hardware had fallen off and only the pulley with its piece of the hardware remained,
I need to know what parts make up the adjuster.
Anybody with an L40 series machine out there want to look at their setup or have a parts manual and let me know what I need to get.
Thanks.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I called the K dealer and he was out of the Kubota p/n but said he has a bolt for a Case that will fit the Kubota.
I am headed up there today.
Thanks all.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I just got back from the dealer with part in hand and went over to the tractor to install it and found the hood release stuck and the machine unwilling to start. "Cold enough for ya yet" he said and after trying unsuccessfully to to start the diesel Mercedes again he trudged back into the house and tapped out this reply. Stay tuned.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Hood opened, bolt installed, belt on and adjusted, boosted the battery while
the temp got up to 20f and finally got it going.
The AC defog capability really works well and after constant fogging and sqeegeeing while plowing it sure is nice to be able to see and use my hands for the plow controls.

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
Don't adjust the belt to tight, you will blow the compressor.

E/S

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
According to my dealers mechanic that belt should have right at 1" deflection on the long run. He also told me that 90% of the compressor replacement he sees are caused by over tightening the belt.

E/S