about to buy b7100 with 4wd issues need help

les525

Mar 14, 2011
ca
i have been wanting a b series kubota with a fel and finally found one. its a b7100 4x4 gear drive with a fel and box scraper with 1400hrs. owner said he parked it a couple of years ago becase the 4wd stoped working and started to make a humming noise in the center while driving. he purchased another b7100 and kept it for parts but never needed any. stated that it still dose run well and will also need a good service but he did not know anything else since he dose not know much about tractors. he's asking $2000 for it and has a tiller that he wants to get rid of that i think i can get in a deal too. i have not personally seen the tractor yet(will this sunday) and he will email pics soon.

my question is what mabye the issue? what should i check and look for for the 4wd issue? can it turn into a very expensive fix? i have a freind that is coming with me that is a mechanic at a local kubota delearship and has experience with the b-series that will be a major help. i just want to do my homework so i know exactly what to look for.

les525

Mar 14, 2011
ca
i know its a pretty good price (thats why i will not say where its at). i dont have a problem with tearing the tractor down for repairs and fixing myself i just wonder if some parts are going to be expensive, hard to find or obsolite.(going through that now with a case tractor) its about a good hr away and im waiting for the weekend so i can get a good look at it in the daylight. and i will have my trailer hooked and ready to haul it home

hopefully i will become a new kubota owner soon and am going to need some help and advice from you vic and everybody else here.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
That's a great deal, I paid 2300 for mine with more hours, no loader, and no attachments. But I knew it was as big as I could go and fit the loader I had onto it. Mine needed no repairs, just desperate need of Paint, which I am working on now.

Also, don't forget to post pics if you get it.

Last edited:

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
I walked into my local dealer for the first time Friday, planned to buy paint and order some parts for a 79 B7100. Walked out with the paint, parts, and a smile.

32 year old tractor and parts in stock in a 3 year old dealership :)

les525

Mar 14, 2011
ca
parts avalability and cost are always the biggest deciding factor for me when i look at buying a piece of equipment.

Mar 16, 2011
SF, Utah USA
I don't think I'm in the right area, but I am trying to replace my cluch on my B7100. Took off every bolt and nut that looked like it was holding the machine together. Blocked up the front end, put a rolling floor jack under the back and tried to split it. It would ony break the bell-housing seal but will not split, what have I missed?