A solution to the (in)famous tie rod dust cover?

pacer

Equipment
BX25D
Oct 3, 2015
Greenwood La USA
My BX25 had the (in)famous cracking/crumbling tie rod dust cover/boots and replacing them with another Kubota product to again quickly fail wasnt appealing! So looking for an alternate fix I came across this on the bay --

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252113476258

Vendor says its a heavier duty 'poly' and should last much longer than the Kubota one. I ordered a kit up and installed them today and indeed they do look to be a more robust boot - I was pleased. And relatively easy to install too.

No connection - just looks like a good alternate solution for this problem.

Hondahead

Mar 31, 2015
I wrapped some inner tube and cable ties around mine. Not even a year old and we're already splitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Dorman industries has a variety of dust boots. Matter of knowing what size you need. Probably wouldnt hurt to cover with innertube as mentioned to keep solar radiation from burning them up.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I wrapped some inner tube and cable ties around mine. Not even a year old and we're already splitting
Get them replaced under warranty and tell them you want hem done every year for the life of the tractor as they are not fit for purpose. Maybe when everyone complains they may correct the issue of junk rubber.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
My 6 year old BX with 250 hours has what appear as new condition boots there.

Can't say the same for the tie rod ends where tire chains have torn them.

Maybe it has to do with sun deterioration, since storage is inside.