A shout out to all you M7060 owners.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
thanks, all of your points are valid. The only reason I am hesitant on the mx 6000 is that the loader capacity is not significantly more than my 3535 and the same is true with the 3pt capacity also. as far as the hp it is obviously a significant increase. I just wt to make sure make the right choice when ipu the trigger.
The MX is a significantly larger framed tractor and heavier than yours. It will more safely handle the full lift capacity of the tractor if properly ballasted.

Reactions: 1 users

skylerharlow

Equipment
mahindra 3535, bobcat e32, suretrac 7x12 14k dump trailer, suretrac 7x22 14k equ
Feb 2, 2022
Bradford, VT
I use my loader for a little of everything from plowing snow to moving firewood, moving skids of building materials and anything in between. I am not sure what mahindra rates the loader at but I know it will pick up 1800# to approximately the 4 foot area. I also use the tractor for brush hogging our field. I do not necessarily need more tractor but want a cab for snow removal and for mowing in the summer as I hate the heat and the dust that comes with mowing. as far as the 3pt capacity I am not really concerned about it being it would easily handle anything that I would mount on it such as mower tiller etc. my main concern is that if I go with the mx 6000 that I will kick myself for not going larger.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I use my loader for a little of everything from plowing snow to moving firewood, moving skids of building materials and anything in between. I am not sure what mahindra rates the loader at but I know it will pick up 1800# to approximately the 4 foot area. I also use the tractor for brush hogging our field. I do not necessarily need more tractor but want a cab for snow removal and for mowing in the summer as I hate the heat and the dust that comes with mowing. as far as the 3pt capacity I am not really concerned about it being it would easily handle anything that I would mount on it such as mower tiller etc. my main concern is that if I go with the mx 6000 that I will kick myself for not going larger.
From what you are describing, the MX6000 with cab sounds perfect. You haven’t described anything that would require a larger machine, but maybe I don’t fully understand what you need to do. Unless you have true full time farming or construction uses, one ton is adequate loader capacity for most people because most products are packaged on one ton pallets and most hay bales don’t weigh a ton. The MX has a 2400# loader capacity, allowing for lift of a ton plus pallet forks.

skylerharlow

Equipment
mahindra 3535, bobcat e32, suretrac 7x12 14k dump trailer, suretrac 7x22 14k equ
Feb 2, 2022
Bradford, VT
I do not do any farming!! to be honest my wife said that if I want a bigger tractor with a cab that I will have to get rid of my excavator so I just want to make sure that I make the right decision.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is a Canadian angle to buying a tractor when you are not or no longer a real farmer.

Canada has a 13% tax on everything unless you can prove most of your income is derived from farming.

However, if the tractor's pto HP is is equal to or greater than 60 you are presumed to be a farmer and pay no tax.

This allowed me to buy a M7040 when until then I was looking at smaller tractors as the tax was $5,200.

Dave
Worse yet!
Some Canadian provinces actually have a 15% (harmonized sales tax)

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I do not do any farming!! to be honest my wife said that if I want a bigger tractor with a cab that I will have to get rid of my excavator so I just want to make sure that I make the right decision.
If you can describe your tasks, implements and size you need to use, and what you want to lift, this will determine what you really need. Mowing: do you want to run a 6 or 7 or 8 foot cutter? What do you want to lift with the loader? Those types of questions will determine what you need.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Maybe wrong choice,...... about what to get rid of?
😥

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The one point I would add is that if your ground not flat, that’s a consideration towards what would be most stable if planning to lift and move big heavy thingees…extra weight and extra footprint. In a situation with the grade I would be thinking not just the working load limit what what is really safe if navigating terrain that causes any sort of wrinkling or defamation of the vinyls seat cover. Tiltimeters can be easily triggered/sensitive when something is hoisted and ground not flat.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It does sound like an MX6000 HSTC will meet your needs and exceed your expectations. You will notice a significant step up over your Mahindra. I got the cabbed model for exactly the reason you mention ... DUST! That said, I was pushing and blowing snow this morning, and after six winters sitting on an open station tractor and getting powdered snow and ice blown back in my face, I have to say that a warm cab is infinitely preferrable to an open station. I've always enjoyed moving snow around but now I LOVE moving snow around.

You'd be spending a lot more money on an M7060 and it might be unwieldy for what you want to do, but it is way more tractor than an MX ... and I still want one!

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
It does sound like an MX6000 HSTC will meet your needs and exceed your expectations. You will notice a significant step up over your Mahindra. I got the cabbed model for exactly the reason you mention ... DUST! That said, I was pushing and blowing snow this morning, and after six winters sitting on an open station tractor and getting powdered snow and ice blown back in my face, I have to say that a warm cab is infinitely preferrable to an open station. I've always enjoyed moving snow around but now I LOVE moving snow around.

You'd be spending a lot more money on an M7060 and it might be unwieldy for what you want to do, but it is way more tractor than an MX ... and I still want one!
Yep.

skylerharlow

Equipment
Feb 2, 2022
Bradford, VT
The one point I would add is that if your ground not flat, that’s a consideration towards what would be most stable if planning to lift and move big heavy thingees…extra weight and extra footprint. In a situation with the grade I would be thinking not just the working load limit what what is really safe if navigating terrain that causes any sort of wrinkling or defamation of the vinyls seat cover. Tiltimeters can be easily triggered/sensitive when something is hoisted and ground not flat.
the terrain has slope to it but nothing that feels unsafe with the current tractor especially if you are at all paying attention to what you are doing.

skylerharlow

Equipment
Feb 2, 2022
Bradford, VT

I would also love a m4d-071 but it sounds like it would be a waste of a machine and money for what I would do with it. thanks for all the insight

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I would also love a m4d-071 but it sounds like it would be a waste of a machine and money for what I would do with it. thanks for all the insight
Another step up in cost over the M7060 and an amazing tractor for sure, and you can get an instructor seat if you need it, but it doesn't sound like it would make much sense for you.

skylerharlow

Equipment
Feb 2, 2022
Bradford, VT
Another step up in cost over the M7060 and an amazing tractor for sure, and you can get an instructor seat if you need it, but it doesn't sound like it would make much sense for you.
if money was not an issue that is for sure what I would get, but you are correct in it not being necessary for me in any way shape or form lol. but boy would I love to have one.