A RED Kubota…?? Really..?? And Why Leasing may beat buying.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Ah, that fundamental misunderstanding of tax write offs.

Tell ya what. Send me $1,000, and I'll send you back $900 instead of $800. Wow, you just made $100! What a deal!

America needs to teach basic consumer math. It would put a lot of people out of business, though.
Many bean counters would rather spend a dollar a day to buy a coffee at the drive through than spend $150 on a coffee machine and coffee for the year.

Since when did tax collectors, accountants and lawyers make a lot of sense?

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
OK, follow up question...
HOW can leasing be better than buying for an individual ? I've seen bank loans close or equal = to lease payments and at the end of the terms... you OWN the ride when you buy, if you lease, well you've just rented that ride for the term....

I KNOW how a business can benefit from leases, BTDT...
It isn't

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
that's because they can 'write-off', EVERY one of those trips to the drivethrough ! They not only write off the coffee, they also write off the 'mileage' to GET the coffee

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
that's because they can 'write-off', EVERY one of those trips to the drivethrough ! They not only write off the coffee, they also write off the 'mileage' to GET the coffee

40 cents per mile cost, written off, can only save maybe 16 cents per mile.
So just where does the other 24 cents per mile of tax saving come from?

Reactions: 1 user

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
View attachment 91845

Saw this recently while picking up a used part for my Ford - had to snap a pic
Guy at the part counter just shrugged when I asked about the color :unsure:

No photo editing involved!
Seen that at wengers the other week too. Had my daughter with, whom made a bee line for it. She thought it was awsome. Asked the parts guy what was up with it, and he said it was just a show piece. They had no intention of running it. 🤷‍♂️ I don't mind the theme of the tractor, but I don't like the not running it just cause it's painted nice.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Ill also ever understand a long term lease. Never made any sense to me. You pay for it, have all kinds of stipulations then you give it back. You can only claim so much of the lease for tax purposes. So unless it's a indeed the equipment for a big project, beyond the scope of a normal rental agreement it doesn't make any sense in my mind.

Reactions: 1 users

JarrettTate

Equipment
none
Aug 10, 2023
USA
Hey there! A red Kubota does sound unique and fun! 😄 Leasing can be smart, especially if you like upgrading often. It saves you from long-term commitments and maintenance hassles. But buying has its perks too – that sense of ownership is pretty cool. Whatever you choose, make sure it aligns with your needs. And hey, if you ever need some financial advice beyond tractors, I know a fantastic Mortgage Broker in Bath who could give you some great insights. Best of luck with your Kubota adventures! 🚜

Last edited: