A few cheap mods

92merc

Equipment
2019 BX2680, Cab, Snowblower, mower, loader
I've been lurking various Kubota and the green machine to be unnamed forums for a few years now. While my GT did well for mowing, I've had a few mishaps with my blower belts, etc that made me want to move up to a SCUT. I wanted drive shaft snow blower, full hydraulic, and a loader to do some landscaping around my house I've been putting off for years.

This fall, I decided to buy what I'd call the full shebang. BX2680, front mount blower, loader, 60" drive over deck, heated cab with lights, and liquid filled rear tires.

I added a few cheap mods that I thought I would post.

I didn't want external mirrors as I have some trees that aren't that tall yet. I'll be adding some rock around them. But I didn't want external mirrors to hit any trees. So I installed this curved golf car mirror inside the cab. I mounted it with a set of Harbor Freight Magnets. I have it fully up to look over my head. And it sticks out enough to get to my switches for the lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TGKRYNC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also added a ClinoMeter, commonly used on sailboats. Just to give me an idea of what I'm tilting at when mowing the ditch. I don't have hills some of you have. Its more of a piece of mind to know when I'm getting close. I put it at the top of my cab glass so I can easily see it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072LQW767/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lastly, since I'll be using the tractor anywhere from winter snowblowing to summer mowing, I like to know the temp. So I added in a temp gauge and clock for a golf cart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TBHKLYS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plan on putting some 2" extensions to the rear wheels when it warms up a bit more. Just some added insurance for my peace of mind. But that's about it. Only used the blower 3 times as our weather pattern turned on me. Looking forward to mowing...

Attachments

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
I particularly like the mirror idea - definitely food for thought.

biglefty

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301. loader an backhoe, EA grapple, Titan pallet forks, brush hog 18ft. landsc
Jun 23, 2019
PA.
I like the clinometer idea as I have many step slopes. At what degree do you think it would tip over. I wouldn't want to be the one to put it to the test.

92merc

Equipment
2019 BX2680, Cab, Snowblower, mower, loader
I like the clinometer idea as I have many step slopes. At what degree do you think it would tip over. I wouldn't want to be the one to put it to the test.
I think I had tried to do a Google search, it was just over 20 degrees. So I figure if on my property, I'm hitting close to that 15 degree mark, I better pay attention. The first 15 is one degree increments. But gets less accurate over 30. Amazon has some with 45 degree and 50 degree max on them. But they are less accurate on the marks. That's why I picked this one.